[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Interstate Love Song- Acoustic Cover
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Interstate Love Song- Acoustic Cover

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:41 pm

Interstate Love Song- Acoustic Cover

I recently found out Our Lady Peace and the Stone Temple Pilots are coming to Bayfest in my hometown of Sarnia this summer (KISS are the headliners... no interest in that!) and if all goes well I'll be at the show. So going with the STP theme, I recorded an acoustic version of "Interstate Love Song." I downloaded Audacity so I could actually edit the music and put two tracks together! It's just a shortened version of the song and there's annoying background noise throughout, but oh well! Apologies for the lame slide show that goes with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU52HsTJeW0
Last edited by canadianmaple09 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

gerrard08

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:13 am

lmao spam comment already :) - I wanna hear your dulcet tones.
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:53 am

Yeah, I hate spam! Up until now none of my videos had received spam comments... maybe I'm improving and my videos are now worthy of being spammed? Well, that's the way I'm going to interpret it anyway! hahaha Thanks for the comment!
<<

mononoke

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:08 am

STP was one of my first music interests when I began playing guitar. I love the acoustic versions!

Also, I didn't see MY car in the slideshow!!! :lol: !!!

even though it is the lesser version of a chevelle...
Great artists do not rely on talent but the countless numbers of hour practicing and honing a skill.
<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:32 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:48 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:51 am

Nice version !
I was going to try that one once ...

Ha ! You disabling the comments - now that's funny ! :lol:
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:06 am

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:25 am

<<

mononoke

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:54 am

very clean sounding instrument. I would guess something like a Taylor or an Ovation? I use nylon, so I am not used to hearing such a clean "string" sound.
What method of recording do you use?
Minidisc? Mbox? or do you track the signals through analog gear? Sound digital to me though. Just a guess...
Great artists do not rely on talent but the countless numbers of hour practicing and honing a skill.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:56 pm

I wish I could afford a Taylor! My guitar is a Samick Blackbird. It was about $800 Canadian (at the time about $600 American) when I bought it... I guess you could call it an upper mid-range guitar. It's 6 years old now, so the wood is really starting to mature and it definitely has a lot more bass tones than it used to. To record I use a Zoom A2.1u Acoustic Multi-Effects Pedal. It has a USB port that I can connect to my computer via cable. From there I use Audacity to edit the sound and stick the tracks together. Just about as simple as it can be really... no microphones, no Mbox, no analog recording equipment! In the future I would like to get a microphone to improve my recording capabilities, but I'd have to be a lot more committed to playing and recording before I shell out the dough! Maybe when I finally get a Taylor... :D

<<

mononoke

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:01 pm

Not to be too bold for the forum...but, shoot me an email when you think you want to buy a mic... I shall stop at that, as to not disrespect the website...
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:19 pm

I bought a great mike a few weeks ago, an Apex 460 tube condenser microphone :

It's awesome - really captures the high frequencies beautifully.
<<

mononoke

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:43 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Last edited by canadianmaple09 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to Everything Else