[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Need some help!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need some help!

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:17 pm

Need some help!

If any one could help me here I would be so thankful!! Recently my father went England on a business trip and had some free time after his meeting and went to see stonehenge with some friends. It was at night and pitch black and he took a few pictures. They came out awful (almost pure black). I was wondering if anyone who's good with photoshop or another program could try to lighten it up to see the image. He's been messing around with it and I tried with GIMP and iPhoto to lighten it with little success. I've came somewhat close to where I could almost see it!

http://i37.tinypic.com/30kssjc.jpg

I know it looks like a joke when you click on it. I thought it was impossible to lighten but I came close. Inverting the contrasts helped me when I tried but not by much. So any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks!
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:43 pm

I tried playing with it, but all I was able to get was a light halo in the bottom of the picture and a bunch of funky colours!

I have to ask... does your dad's camera not have a flash? :lol:

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:09 am

I am not so good at Photoshop, I mean I have some basic photo editing skills, but looking at your original image I think that there is nothing that you can do about it to improve its visibility.

Your father is a lucky man, I would give a lot to see the Stonehenge.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:14 pm

Thanks so much for your help graham. Yeah I got my version a little better than that but I have to agree with Plissken on this. I think it is impossible. Maybe if we had some CIA or FBI technology it could be possible but its really not that important! :lol:

And about the flash I have no idea why it looks so awful. I'm sure he had it on, I wasn't there so I can't tell if it worked or not.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:39 pm

Yeah, I'm guessing that halo around the bottom was the flash, but why it didn't show up in the normal version is beyond me! Perhaps it was really foggy as well as dark? You'd think the flash would reflect off the water droplets though. I'm not a photography expert so I really can't explain it! Where's krenselewski when you nee him?
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Kloud9

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:41 pm

♫ Kloud9 ♫

Return to Everything Else