[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Blog and/or website?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Blog and/or website?

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

jenbray

Pro
Pro

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:39 am

Blog and/or website?

I have recently set up a blog and am currently considering building a website. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether a blog is adequate for showcasing and selling artwork? By this I mean is it considered unprofessional not to have a dedicated site from which to hopefully sell my art. Does anyone actually sell from their blog?

I have a very limited budget and cannot afford to pay someone to build the site so would have to do it myself, I am no web design expert!! I would also need to factor in the time for maintenance and updating, which I have found with my blog takes a lot of time and effort.

Your thoughts are very much appreciated.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:33 am

A blog is a lot easier than a dedicated website. I will tell you that much. Blogs are all widgets. You let it know what to do and it does it. Websites are blank, you have to write all the code to tell it what to do. I think that a blog isn't any less professional than having a normal website. And it's a lot easier. Oh, and lots cheaper too!!
<<

jenbray

Pro
Pro

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:41 am

thanks, I'm thinking of putting all my work on the blog and in online galleries and providing links from the blog to the galleries, depends on commissions etc
<<

lene

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:01 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:19 pm

Return to Everything Else