[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Selling art online - advice needed
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Selling art online - advice needed

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

jenbray

Pro
Pro

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:30 am

Selling art online - advice needed

Hi again everyone. Now my studio is up and running and like a little advice on the best way to sell my art. I live in a very touristy area and hope to be able to sell landscapes of the local area to tourists to remind them of their holiday.

However, I intend this to be a sideline so I can create other types of art to sell online. I now have a blog and wondered whether it would be worth building a website to showcase the stuff I already have while a build up a portfolio of new work. Do any of you have success with your own site or is it best to go through the online galleries? WHat other methods can I use?

Any advice as to how any of you built up your online presence would be gratefully received.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:47 am

I use www.artwanted.com (see the link in my name), although I don't sell my artwork there. You have to pay to get the Premium Membership in order to sell prints. In the future I might do this, as they give a discount for buying your own prints, so you could sell them online there as well as get prints for yourself to sell to the local tourists! Might be something to look into. As for building up your online presence, just keep posting all of the artwork you put out, and that should help. I've been on Art Wanted for about 3 months now I think and have 2,000 image hits, which I think is pretty good. That is in addition to the 9,000 hits I've got here on Duey's Drawings since February, when I started posting. Hope that helps!
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:25 am

Um I know this may sound stupid but I really don't know :). On the prints, like deviant does this too I think , it tells what price for each print and what size, well suppose someone wanted to buy a print ( just saying , I don't even have any up for it :) ), who prints off me or deviant, becuase my printer is not top notch , and plus I know it could'nt put out some of the sizes that they offer? I'm guessing they do but I really wanted to know though.
Don't judge a book by it's cover , open it up and read it.

http://atilla10.deviantart.com/
<<

jenbray

Pro
Pro

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:07 pm

thanks, everything is to look into, I really need to start building a new portfolio as a priority.

Return to Everything Else