[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - scraps
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

scraps

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

davideo

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:07 am

scraps

Hi. Today I spent over 12 hours going through lots of scribbles and scratches, and doodles and hypothetical paintings ( drawings to that possibile goal). I trashed maybe six inches deep of useless pencil and pen efforts, and am left with nearly two verticle feet of this stuff, of a slightly better nature. I got a sore neck from all this.
What do you do with such things, people? I used to think a doodle could be a prospective painting, but it is not likely that I would paint as many as this pile contains... in one lifetime. I tend to think that after I'm gone, this stuff would be of interest to people- but , you know, right now, I sincerely doubt it.
I had more time than most people, in recent times, which accounts or all of this stuff. It's not like I worked hard- at least half of it was made in the coffee shops I attended, until I was married.
'It takes a lot to laugh- it takes a train to cry'- Bob Dylan

Formerly "Crazy David"
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:18 am

I'm not a real doodler or "prospective painting concept" creater myself so I wouldn't really know... once I start a drawing I almost always finish it, and I don't paint! If I doodle it's usually in my notebook during class and I just throw those out with the notes at the end of every semester.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi Dave, I keep everything I doodle hahahaha. I am a packrat first class. I got some old filingcabinets from Craigs list en that works great, you can keep hundreds of doodles in there.
<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:36 pm

<<

davideo

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:48 pm

Well- it's good to hear there's some others. The file cabinets sound perfect- except there's nowhere to put one! Mine are in a 4 foot high plastic cabinet, transparent thing. I'd love to be able to flip through C.Maple's books at the year's end- before they're trashed.
Imagine the collage that could be made from a thousand or so little doodles and such! I think, though, that I am still 'recovering' from that chore! And so much crap was in there- and yes, I saved a lot of the crap, once again!

Formerly "Crazy David"
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:04 am

Believe me, Crazy David (yes, I'm still going to call you that because that is who I got to know you as) I think you'd be quite disappointed to look at the doodles I do in my notebook. They are generally just little scribbes and partial drawings, done while my attention is 1/3 on what the prof is saying, 1/3 on the doodle, and 1/3 who knows where. Nothing inherently artistic or interesting about them.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

davideo

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:58 am

OK then- I'd love to see your doodles of the 1/3 that was elsewhere altogether!

Formerly "Crazy David"

Return to Everything Else