[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Define "Artistic"
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Define "Artistic"

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:31 pm

Define "Artistic"

I'm not a good artist, but i'm good at pretending to be one...

My DA: http://lordavatarz.deviantart.com/
<<

quicksdraw

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:17 am

Last edited by quicksdraw on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

jadelu7

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:28 am

Who dares, wins
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:43 am

I totally agree with jadelu7...especially about just being a human copying machine. :roll:
But in my case...I don't have a particular style.
Maybe I have but never liked it.
So, my style is probably to copy....
and I won't consider myself an artist..probably a renderer ? :roll:
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

mangamaniac

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:32 pm

To me, every piece of art (painting, drawing, sculpting, inking,etc) has to be created bye someone artistic. I'm not excuding copying some picture or anything, cause I think every person that copy a picture copies the way he see's that picture and that's the artistic touch of it. Even the masterpieces with have so many details in them... they reflect the way the autor see's life (he probably see's every little details of objects and everything). Every piece of art is unique and originality can be seen in each and everyone of them !! Maybe you don't imagine something when you're copying but you're always putting your own touch!!
<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:34 pm

my guess would be having these abilities to create, design and produce would be artistic.

if someone can think, hmm a circle and 4 straight lines could make a stick person... that would be creative, then they would design it out in their head how it should look, then put it on paper, that would make them artistic for being able to do something like that.

i guess it would at least,lol.... my .02

Z ur an artist man, dont throw your self out the window as a waste
<<

thiagoleal

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:33 am

Thiago Leal
João Pessoa, Brazil
http://thiagoleal.deviantart.com

<<

mangamaniac

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:31 pm

The good and bad art you're talkind about is REALLY relative to every person!! I could say Hip Hop music is bad art ... and someone else would say that I'm crazy!

I don't think there is something like good art or bad art. It's more from peoples tastes.

Return to Everything Else