[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - The Guitar Thread !
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Guitar Thread !

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:27 am

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

jeffro

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:01 am

<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:41 am

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album ... 1844557044

I finally got "hip" with the times and got on facebook. Hopefully this takes you directly to my art.
<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:43 am

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album ... 1844557044

I finally got "hip" with the times and got on facebook. Hopefully this takes you directly to my art.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:49 am

<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:47 pm

A guitar Thread!!! Whatttt....i've never seen this. Some great vids here....I'll get up one of my recordings as soon as possible!
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:53 pm

<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:47 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:01 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:03 pm

Just plug into your sound card (or motherboard if you have on board sound) .. or use a mike.
I use .. it's simple (I had Pro Tools, but I found it to be way too complicated) and it's free !
<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:17 pm

I have a mac so I use garage band which is amazing for someone who wants to record but who doesn't want to make a living out of it. Garageband lets you have as many tracks as you want, with pretty good drum loops and effects built in. If you are looking for a new computer, get a macbook (the new one is sick!) and it comes with it pre installed, free. But there are so many other programs you can get for a PC. The best is pro tools, which is really expensive. Its used by almost all professionals, but is over-kill for someone just doing personal recordings. Try Sony Acid, I hear its pretty good and inexpensive too. I had a demo of an older version and found it very similar to garageband. I don't focus too much on those programs and effects tough...I try to focus just on the music theory and guitar itself most of the time though. You can get really carried away with effects and programs, and then realize you suck at guitar. I know quite a few people like that....the programs won't help you play like hendrix or frusciante. I learned that long before I bought all them...thank god!

But anyway I use an M Audio Pro to capture/digitalize the guitars and import them straight into garageband. Here's a pic of it....

This thing is great!! I love it so much. It has a pre amp in it too so you can plug in the guitar straight without an amp to get a ridiculously clean sound. It plugs into USB, not firewire so its great for any computer.

I put up a demo on youtube but it said it has to process or something....so as soon as its done I'll give the link so you can hear it.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:42 pm

It generally takes about 10-15 minutes to process. I'm in the process of uploading one myself right now. I got the record function to work (kind of) and I took a video as well.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:11 pm

<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:40 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else