[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - The Guitar Thread !
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Guitar Thread !

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Last edited by Mark on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Sandrine

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:13 pm

<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:21 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:44 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Sandrine

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:51 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:17 pm

Well, here is the "Under the Bridge" acoustic cover for your viewing pleasure! After 2 hours of fighting with Youtube I finally got it loaded. I had to compress it to half its original quality in order to get it uploaded, so the quality sucks. Anyways, here it is!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_O143HOiRug

When I play guitar I tend to have my mouth hanging open and make a lot of stupid faces. I tried really hard to keep it closed for the video. The result is that my cheeks are all puffed out, kind of like a gorilla. Anyways... :lol:
<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:35 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:41 am

<<

Brendan

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:09 am

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:25 am

<<

Brendan

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:37 am

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:45 am

<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:04 am

Sure we can do that....I really don't need tabs for songs unless its the solo part. I usually read the fake book chords and then listen to the rhythm and get that down. If you want I can play the melody of a song on the guitar so that we don't need a singer. I don't need tabs because the melody is usually right off the major scale but love doing songs like that!! A great example is Jeff Beck's version of "A day in the life." My brother used to play the chords to it on piano and I would play the melody on guitar and add solos.

Here's Jeff Beck doing it....all instrumental

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toMTAHsz26I

I can play this very similar, if you wanna lay down the rhythm. If your up for it, I'll write you the tabs because I play it in a crazy key thats annoying for piano but great for guitar leads....F#!
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:43 am

So you wanna do both Be Like That and A Day in the Life? Sure, if you get me a tab I can get the rhythm for you.
<<

Sandrine

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:46 am

I'm no guitar player, but this all sounds very good to me... I'm impressed!
PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else