[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Where does the talent come?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Where does the talent come?

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Raul

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Where does the talent come?

I see drawings from you and I'm surprised of the well done they are.

Do you think you draw well because you are talentous or because you have practiced a lot?

Is drawing for example like swimming? I mean the more you draw the best you do? Or if you don´t have the talent there is nothing to do?

Because swimming for example it's a question of practice.

Drawing: talent or just practice?

So well, your answers will be welcome!
<<

Red 9

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:55 pm

<<

Raul

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:06 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:08 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Red 9

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:16 pm

<<

Raul

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:26 pm

<<

quicksdraw

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:40 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:06 pm

<<

muskwa

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:28 am

I also don't consider myself talented. I guess I was just born with a desire to draw what I've seen. I think if anyone had the desire to sit down and spend time drawing what they see and how they see it, in time they'd develop the skill. I know I've watched my husband draw engine parts with perfect perspective, dimension and percision, (he's a mechanic) but then I've asked him to draw a cat and it's two circles and a squiggily line for a tail; he just doesn't have the desire to spend the time drawing cats.

On the flip side I've seen very young people draw and paint instantly very well as if born with the ability, without the years of practise behind them, those I believe to be truly talented.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:59 am

I seem to be generally good at quite a lot of things, but not really "talented" at any one thing, where "talented" means possessing a natural skill that puts me at a distinct advantage over someone who doesn't have that in-born ability. I guess it's good though because I have to work hard to be above average at just about everything, and that's the way I like it. It feels good to earn things for yourself rather than falling back on "natural" talent.
<<

namelesshero

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:35 am

<<

muskwa

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:53 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:10 pm

<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:40 pm

Re: Where does the talent come?

<<

KLSADAKO

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:37 am