[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - depression
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

depression

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Sounds like you got things sorted then, sometimes help can come from the weirdest places. In your case studying.

Did or does the depression affect your drawing?
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:54 am

Vermeer's Milkmaid is one of my favourite art works. I also like the Lacemaker and painted a small version of it. It's where my Mother lives at a care facility ( because she is 87.) I never really finished it. Some subjects are best for painting, I think, cause they are still but still something is happening- pouring milk, making lace.
Twice in my life, I had to climb into the big trash bins where I live, cause I started to throw my art into them. I think a person has a right to trash or destroy their art, but if it doesn't make me a better artist! I forget that ALL of my art, bottom line, is an attempt, a gesture, a way of voting in the great campaign of life. I try- yes. There is no insistence that I do what I cannot do. That would be phony, and impossible. It's when I place demands and expectations on my "art" that I can get into 'trouble' with myself. I just try.
I am sh--ty at making $ from art. I just finished a fourth day of working on a dumb cartoon! A friggin cartoon! I could have painted 10 quick oil paintings in that time ( small ones). If I get paid, I'll get $50! Only!
Here's the finished product- the commissioner changed his mind a couple of times- kind of doubles up on the task at hand!:
Jay, I hope you have a wobderful trip away to Florida, to see the Capitalist Mouse. I say him in Californbia as a 10 year old kid. I didn't know the reason we went to California was in preparation for a job my Dad got in Fontana. Once we moved, we got to see Disneyland usually on our birthdays. It ws paradise for us!

<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:28 pm

Thanks Dave...can't believe I am going to the happiest place on earth! hahaha
<<

Raul

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:03 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:26 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:41 pm

<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:41 am

My wife ( from that Happiest Place area) would love to take me there some day. Meantime, dig it for me!
( You are of course welcome for the prayer, and you and your family remain included therin!)
<<

Raul

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:23 am

<<

Bo

Pro
Pro

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:01 pm

<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:55 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:46 pm

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:48 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:03 pm

<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:36 pm

Might not be an bad idea! I am afraid, think about it now, alway's was of ending up in some mental instatusion...my parents wanted me to see a shrink,wich I did. Not that it helped hahahaha
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:40 pm

know the root cause if you can and work from it.
it's always not good if you need to rely on drugs.

actually, I'm not the best person to give you advice....
I also have a hard time overcoming depression.
Our only difference is that i don't destroy my artworks. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else