[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Art Forum Pet Peeves
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Art Forum Pet Peeves

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:08 am

Art Forum Pet Peeves

Here are some pet peeves I have found since first posting on this forum a couple of months ago. This is not meant to offend anyone, it is just me being grumpy. Please feel free to post and add your own, I know there are tons more pet peeves out there!

(1) People who go on and on about their piece of artwork being absolute crap, when it is really a masterpiece. Come on! It's apparent you're fishing for compliments. Why not let the praise come in on its own?

(2) Illiteracy. I know it is the internet, but can we all at least maintain a half decent level of grammar and spelling? I understand that there are artists on here whose first language is not English, and I am not referring to them. I'm talking about the English speakers who use "ur" instead of "your", make use of incredibly long run-on sentences, etc. I'm young enough to know what "ur" and "ttyl" and "lmfao" mean, but that doesn't mean I want to read it in a forum!

(3) People who post a picture, but it doesn't show up (and not because of ImageShack crashing). When I went to post my first picture on here, it took me about 2 seconds to discover Brian Duey's lovely topic on how to properly post a picture. So for all of you who haven't discovered that yet, it's right at the top of the drawings forum. And no, you cannot copy and past your picture directly into a reply window. It doesn't work! Ever!

(4) Manga and anime. I found this website and I love it because most of the artists here do a style of artwork that closely resembles my own, and that I can learn from. If you want to post your manga or anime, go on Deviant Art or one of the other 3.5 billion websites devoted almost entirely to that form of art.

That's all I can think of for now! Once again, please post more! And make them funny! I know all you artists out there have a hilarious sense of humour (hint hint Brendan and Crazy David) so unleash your fury!
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:59 am

No way I'm unleashing my fury. I can't handle the repercussions.
As far as posting images, I think people are doing pretty well!

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:51 am

hahaha good one! I'd say overall yes, but there is the occasional disappointment! Come on David! You know you wanna!
<<

Brendan

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:02 am

Ahem ... cough ...

(5) People whose avatars are wider than what's recommended on the profile page.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:15 am

I apologize! When I first tried it as an avatar it took up the whole page! I thought the avatar tool automatically denied any picture that was too big. I resized it and thought I had it down to an acceptable size! Hopefully the new size is more to your liking.
<<

Brendan

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:06 pm

<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:26 pm

<<

quicksdraw

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:36 pm

peeves

Viking wrote:besides voices that tell me to burn things) Hahaha I get a voice to burn one some times too. :wink:
!.As for those that may seem like they are "fishing"for compliments with a masterpiece but they think it's crap: There are as many reasons for that as there are people in the world.If they are a killer artist, their "crap" may look like a masterpiece to you? But be careful what you say,It could be anyone from Ghandi to the Uni-bomber.
2.Illiteracy: I am American. I went to American schools. Aside from the fact that I came from one of the worst educational systems in the universe, spelling wasn't as popular of study as cannabis research.(probably imported from Canada)
3.Some folks have the computer literacy of a lower primate such as me for instance. I still don't really know how to enlarge a pic for a post, I suppose I could figure it out if I went to photo bucket and and played with it.(like I had trouble sizing my avatar, like someone else I know....hee hee hee
4. The manga and anime bombardment will continue as long as we have 2 billion people on the inter-net. Someone is always going to come out of the 3000 non-posting registries here and post that redundant kiddie art....unfortunately.

WARNING!Sketching pictures from your computer monitor while logged into art forums can SERIOUSLY EFFECT THE PROGRESS OF YOUR DRAWING AS WELL AS BORE THE HELL OUT OF YOU IF YOU FREQUENTLY CLICK ON THE FORUM WEBSITE!
:roll:
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Re: peeves

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:07 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:22 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:38 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:21 pm

Everybody shhhhhhh! so Brendan can get his beauty rest!
<<

KLSADAKO

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:04 am

<<

cujo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:54 am

Next