[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - How to Make Some Money with Art
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to Make Some Money with Art

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:17 am

How to Make Some Money with Art

Straycat posted the info below, which I have copied and pasted.
I have no expertise to offer in this matter, but it seems likely that some of us know, and others want to know, about making dollars! or Euros. or Pesos...

FROM STRAYCAT:( re a Magazine quote):

I was just browsing on an article in ARTIST'S MAGAZINE giving tips on CREATING and SELLING ART PART TIME.
1 - Approach framing strategically. Don't let the high cost of custom framing eliminate profits. Try to create artworks to fit standard mat and frame size. If possible..learn to frame your own work.
2 - Network at your day job. (not applicable for me)
3 - Seek out resources. When you're in an area you don't know, you have to find someone who has done it. ( this is me crying out loud)
4 - Maximize your time. Put all those spare moments to work for your art career. ( I think about my next project even when I'm in the rest room. )
5 - Get involved with charity. Working to help causes close to your heart can be as good for your artistic life as it is for your community.
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:20 pm

<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:24 pm

Finally found something to do when I'm doing my business in the bathrom!
I'm not a good artist, but i'm good at pretending to be one...

My DA: http://lordavatarz.deviantart.com/
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:12 am

Does anyone have any experience selling art on eBay? I looked on there and found that the majority of pencil drawings don't get any bids. But then, quite a few are low quality, and many are from early 20th century no-name artists. Do you think I could make money selling my 11x14" pencil sketches if I started with a low opening bid? My subject matter will mainly be muscle cars and fighter planes (check out my drawing blog... Maple's Drawing Blog). Thanks for your help!
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:43 am

Holy Viking! That's a tall order- an ominous amount of dedication and energy! Thanks a lot for taking the time to write all of that, Jay. It all makes perfect sense, if a person's willing and able to do it. Guess it doesn't help if you're shy?!
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:20 pm

<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:28 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:35 pm

Have you guys seen this?
www.artwanted.com

The Viking
Thanks for the tips.
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.

Return to Everything Else