[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - the RIGHT to SHOOT
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

the RIGHT to SHOOT

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Lizzie

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:08 pm

<<

untitled

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:28 pm

(beginning of sarcasm) Perhaps they're afraid that you're scoping out the place, so that when you break out the ninja skills, you'll know where everything is and where everyone was. (end of sarcasm)

Seems kind of BS that you can't take a picture of someone or something. If it's in the public view, then what's the point? I mean... what's next, they're going to stop you from looking in that general direction? I wonder what would happen if you started to draw on site, if they'd stop you then. :roll:

People will be people (illogical and apathetic)
If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
Albert Einstein
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:35 am

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:39 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:38 am

Too bad this happens, but in this case I'm assuming you were on private property. They're probably worried about someone who has not so good intentions taking photos. Even though your intentions are artistic, and mean no harm, someone who does mean harm could claim the same thing.
You could try to talk with someone who is in a position to grant you permission and explain your an artist, and you would like to do a painting of their property, and show them some work you have done in the past. Maybe you could turn this into an opportunity to show your work there, or a commission. It's probably a long shot, but you never know.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:34 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:17 pm

Last edited by Phan-Tom on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:35 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:54 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:24 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:01 am

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:01 am

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:10 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:26 am

<<

Brendan

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else