[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - the RIGHT to SHOOT
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

the RIGHT to SHOOT

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:29 pm

the RIGHT to SHOOT

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:33 am

I believe that when we are in public we can shoot pictures of buildings and objects. Now people is different, you need to have premision from them. I had the same thing a while ago at MacDonnals. My daughter was playing there after eating her happy meal, and I was drawing, just finishing a drawing I had been making and one of those snot nosed pimplyfaced idiot told me that I was not aloud to do so!
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:25 am

Back in the 1960's in Ottawa , Canada, I was about to take a picture of people in the line-up in a big grocery store. I was told to take my camera outside! It may not have anything to do with 9-11. It may be that people with no soul are afraid you'll capture it photographically.
Once I was so sick and without means or money, and I went to lie dow in a bush, to maybe die. But a man came out of the house and said that I couldn't- that it was "private property". I went and lied down nearby, on a public roadside. I did not die.
Viking was talking abut privacy technicalities, which apply to some extent if you are going to publish your images- maybe even if not.
I think you might call city hall and inquire about that public building thing. But the supermarket can claim privacy concerns, I'm quite sure. They may not want people to disturb the fishheads as they lay there without bodies.
This all reminds me, though, of the power people give to images, which keeps us all in business, so long as we manage to snap a few shots when they are not looking!
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:59 pm

The Viking
at McDonald's you mean?
You're NOT even allowed to draw? WTF :evil:

Crazy David
I can quite understand the privacy issue in the supermarket...
perhaps what they're selling are smuggled or rotten already...
and fearing that I am from the health department.
But that tall skyscraper...anyone can take a picture of it across the street..
I don't see fences or "no trespassing" signs..
and there were people there resting by the fountain.
Anyway, I just think I should've exercised my rights and asked the security personnel...
But then, I recalled reading an article about a tourist being arrested for taking a picture in front of government building...
No use getting into trouble for a lousy sculpture. :roll:

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:18 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:01 pm

:lol:
Never stopped me from giving it a damn!
(Excuse me for my language!)

I went to Burbank Mall with my friends the other day and found this awesome Asian Artifact store that has all those fancy swords and water fountains...etc :D
I just asked the owner if I could take pictures, they said:"Just don't hurt yourself".

This is how these photos were taken, despite a little drama in the background.

I'm not a good artist, but i'm good at pretending to be one...

My DA: http://lordavatarz.deviantart.com/
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:38 pm

OHHH nice words there.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:06 am

Phan-Tom
Maybe.
This is very frustrating for me.
Next time, I'll use my old digital camera with a swivel LCD...
that way, I can take pictures discreetly. :twisted:

What's the name of the store and where is that Burbank Mall?
It says on the display "do not touch"..
and yet you're holding it! :roll:

<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:13 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:32 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:41 am

Just playing around with photoshop ... again .. :roll:
Trying to make a "sphere" ..

Conan .. you probably won't get the reference - Get Smart was waaay before your time ..

<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:14 am

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:32 pm

Damn...it happened again! :evil:
I was here http://www.americanaatbrand.com/ earlier this afternoon...
and a security guard approached me again after I took some pictures.
He said it's a private property and my pictures should not have people in it for privacy reason!
A woman was beside me when that happened.
She said it's impossible to take a picture not having people in it.
I asked another security guard who happens to be a Filipino.
He suggested that I continue shooting but do it discreetly.
What the heck. :evil:

<<

Brendan

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:46 pm

Bunch of cro-magnum cop wannabe's !! :x :x
They're just trying to justify their jobs ... "I stopped a potential threat to homeland security right there .. uh huh .. " :roll: :roll:
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:50 pm

I asked that Filipino guard what will happen if I ignore the warning and continue shooting...will they arrest me?
He said they're not allowed to make arrest...
but will probably have the security camera focus on me! :lol:

Next

Return to Everything Else