[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - I just want your opinions
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I just want your opinions

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:05 pm

I just want your opinions

Sometimes when I draw from photos I took of my friends, I alter some features a little bit to make them "look better". (But overall it's very recognizable)

I'm just wondering if this action is offensive to them. ( None of the models have brought up this topic to me...yet), because it's kind of like saying they're ugly, the way I drew them is the way they should look.

Maybe I think too much. :lol:
I'm not a good artist, but i'm good at pretending to be one...

My DA: http://lordavatarz.deviantart.com/
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:21 pm

There's a good chance that they don't notice.
There is a school of thought that believes people with imperfect features are more interesting subjects. Their imperfections give them character. A good example would be the actress Jennifer Grey, who was in Dirty Dancing. She was pretty, but had a nose that wasn't considered classical. After she had her nose altered, people didn't pay as much attention to her.
Last edited by Phan-Tom on Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:42 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:57 am

I agree with Tom...imperfections on a model are more interesting.
But I guess it depends on the model...
if you draw them because of their imperfection...
they may find it insulting whether you alter it or not.
So I guess it's best that you tell them what you intend to "change" in their picture.
But you're lucky that your friends are willing to pose for you...
and I would suggest that you let them sign a model release form...
just in case...you'll never know. :wink:
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:58 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Wow...I envy you....
you get models for FREE!

Am not scaring you....it's just for your own protection...
whether you intend to sell your drawings in the future or not.
And just by posting them on the net already posts a danger if you don't have a release form...
the parents of those girls you drew...
you don't really know them...
they may sue you! :roll:
And since you think too much...
this is one thing you should consider.
You know..it's better to be safe than sorry. :roll:

<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:09 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:19 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:27 am

<<

cujo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:14 am

some 'imperfections' don't translate to paper very well. I will sometimes make slight alterations/changes if it doesn't look right when drawn.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:55 pm

<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:08 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:34 pm

Return to Everything Else