[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - RIP Jeff Healey
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

RIP Jeff Healey

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Brendan

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:52 am

RIP Jeff Healey

I know .. not drawing related but this is the "everything else" section ..

TORONTO — Acclaimed jazz and rock guitarist Jeff Healey was remembered Sunday as a musician of rare ability who had a wicked sense of humour and a generous nature as fans and bandmates mourned his death at age 41, following a battle with cancer."

Too bad .. I had seen him play many times in my youth .. (he was my age).
Here's one of his more popular songs :

You might remember him from the Patrick Swayze movie "Roadhouse".
(Blind since he was one.)
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:22 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:14 pm

Yeah I read that this morning, a big shame!
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:14 am

Jeff H

<<

Brendan

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:45 am

Re: Jeff H

<<

quicksdraw

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:24 pm

Jeff

I did hear that he was sick and then they announced Jeff had died and I was sad and
YES what a talent! He had had retinal cancer
from birth and fought it all his life. He had a
power lead guitar style matched by very few.
Because of his talent to hammer and pull with
his thumb and the guitar on his lap! God rest his soul in heaven.
He had a bar in Toronto called the Roadhouse and my
wife has seen him there many times as she lived
close by. "While my guitar gently weaps" is really
is one of my favs. and he really goes off on that lead. I will miss him. :cry:
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:54 am

Man- I'd just love to hear his "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" ( George Harrison) ! I have a very small appetite when it comes to music- I use it to draw, but don't spend money on it, money being sparse.

Thanks for the hors d'oeuvre Brendan!

I FOUND IT!: ( while my guitar gently weeps, jeff healey, youtube : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJh3KaIKDAw
<<

cujo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:16 pm

oh my ...his work is absolutely amazing!! and the way he plays the guitar is crazy - in a good way.
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:19 am

Jeff Healey

<<

quicksdraw

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:44 pm

<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:23 am

Youtube is amazing- perhaps especially to older folks who simply would never have believed such a device, and such a repitoire, would be possible , FOR FREE, to the public- ever! Wanna see and hear 'anyone'? just youtube it! Wanna send a video to your grandma across the planet? Youtube it! Unbelievable. Makes me religious! ( ie. "What hath God wrought?!" - Thomas Edison. )

Return to Everything Else