[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Jake's final drawing
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Jake's final drawing

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:21 pm

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:25 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:47 pm

Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:48 pm

I'm not sure if I see it as unfortunate. My viewpoint is that there is
one less fake out there to fool people, if he was a fake, and I was pretty sure they were.
I don't think the drawings were stolen though, but were just photos manipulated to look like drawings.
<<

Brendan

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:37 pm

So Jake was spot on with his "You're not fooling me" comment. (which has been hidden)

As this is an old thread - let's not confuse Jake with JayBog !
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:06 pm

<<

blurhead

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:16 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:01 am

<<

blurhead

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:19 pm

<<

i prefer nintendo 2 girls

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:55 am

I miss Jake...

I was recently accused of tracing (by a lesser artist) which really upset me.

Not only as

1) i have always claimed that art is never about tracing/gridding its about pleasing yourself and if someone does trace or gird then there is not a problem with it in anyway, so long as they are truthful.

2) but also as i have a backcataloge of etchings were i learnt my marking out skills, which proves that i have traced.

3) what actaully hurt me most was i suffer from OCD and it had not been picked up on until i was a teen, it affects my attention span (hence i never check my spelling as i just type and move on) but it affects the way i see symmetry.

Up until i was 8 i used to only handwrite backwards (something which is now a novelty in the pub) which naturally brought me towards etching. As an etching plate is drawn in reverse, so you have to do a mirror image. My brain often flips things into symmetry sub conciously.

When people refer to 'holding a drawing in a mirror to check for mistakes' my brain kind of does this by itself and makes marking out very easy for me.

I spent years battling with OCD before admitting the problem to my friends and family and it really cut me to think someone who has no idea would jump in and knock my achivements. Drawing/art has been the most consistent thing in my life and it means lots to me.

It also gets on my tits when people do cheat and dont own up to it. For the reason other people believe thier lies and it puts the honest artists work to shame.

I now accept my OCD as a gift and not a curse, it has been a difficult step but everyone likes to see thier name spelt BACKWARDS SDRAWKCAB
David.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:16 pm

<<

KLSADAKO

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:32 pm

Speaking of fakes, what do u guys make of

I really cannot tell, some look drawn, and some look way photoshopped..
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:49 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:23 pm

If you visit his blog :

you can see that he draws, paints and does digital work in Photoshop.
PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else