[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - just a theory...
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

just a theory...

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

quicksdraw

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:51 pm

commentary

Hi Kris!
I too am getting a little weary about all the "I drew this with just a pencil,no blending or grids in...say..2 hours" BRAVO That and a buck will get you a cup of coffee. I use a grid because it's faster to grab outlines,proportion and even depth. I'm a beginner. I will use everything from a kleenex to a deerskin to blend tones to produce "depth". I draw for fun. We get a kick out of gawking at them at the cocktail party for a few yucks. DeVinci also used grids in his drawings/paintings as a guide to attain "depth" in his art. (as for tracing,that's a whole diff. matter,if you trace and get a kick out of that, that's great) Anyway, DeVinci used a gradiant grid as a guide to give depth to the room in this picture. Thanks!
<<

i prefer nintendo 2 girls

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:53 pm

I have never heard of a deerskin before, well i can guess what it is, i love these forums for findign new things out.

Do you have any info on them please? :)
David.
<<

cujo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:52 pm

:lol:
<<

krisb781

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:31 pm

well....this snowballed downhill in the wrong direction. Forums :roll:
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; and a sense of humor to console him for what he is. "
http://krisb781.deviantart.com/
<<

shawn92

Pro
Pro

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:01 am

Personally, I don't care how the artist gets the work done, as long as its not stolen from another artist.

If someone can get the same end result using a grid as someone who freehanded it, kudos to you.

I used to feel embarrassed for using a grid because one of my friends freehands everything and gets amazing results. I switched to freehanding which I got used to over time, but I still go back to using a grid if I can't get something right...even on my digital drawings, I google a grid, and through it on my reference photo to help me out.

Art is all about expression and how each individual does their own unique thing and style. The only people I don't have patience with are the ignorants who can't look outside of their own little world. Great post, Kris.
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:22 am

Well, I guess that's that.
<<

Brendan

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Repost ...

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:13 am

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:59 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:37 pm

Phan-Tom
Yes Tom, you can say that Jake is the number 1 promoter of tracing here in this forum.
The only reason he called on some artists of tracing was when those artists claimed they did their artwork freehanded.
Jake always say that it's okay to trace..so there's no need to deny it.
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
Previous

Return to Everything Else