[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Cool video
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cool video

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:20 pm

Cool video

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Brendan

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:03 am

Pretty cool ... though I like the Michael Jackson version better.

Plus, they all looked pretty much the same to me ... I guess you had to be white to get painted back then. :roll:
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:12 am

rubens

Pretty much... but I found this man by Rubens.

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:11 am

There's many different styles represented in this video.
Pre-renaissance, renaissance, baroque, rococo, art Nouveau, impressionism, and several examples of of modern art.

All of the paintings are examples of western art which tended to be more "realistic" than other cultures, and like most people had a tendency to paint the people of their own ethnicity.

I enjoyed this video for what it is, and not dislike it for what it isn't.

As for the Michael Jackson video comparison. I remember when that video came out, and a critic said they preferred the Talking Heads version which was made prior to Jackson's.

Here's another painting to add to Dave's example. Which was at one time held the record for the most amount of money paid for a painting. The painting is by Velasquez.

Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

quicksdraw

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:33 am

thanks for the link and I enjoyed it. Very pleasant and interesting to watch!
<<

Arizona

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:46 am

That is really cool. I was struck by how none of them smile! Also, it was very interesting to see how the facial structure that artists like to paint are strikingly similar. It seemed like most of them could have sisters. They all look somewhat similar. It is interesting to see also how people may dress differently now or do their hair differently, but some of them still look like girls that I know now. Hope that makes sense to someone lol.
Check out my da account! http://mcsho.deviantart.com/
<<

Brendan

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:51 am

<<

krisb781

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:11 am

Iam sure I'll be scrutinized for saying this, but Iam not that keen to...renaissance portraitures?, Iam not sure what it would be called. I appreciate tha talent, for sure. They portray an error of unattractiveness, and obesity. It's no wonder they usually look depressed. I have seen some beautiful portraits as well, but most I wouldnt hang in my home.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; and a sense of humor to console him for what he is. "
http://krisb781.deviantart.com/
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:08 pm

<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:16 am

Hey Brendan- Did that "comedy of errors" lifestyle take you past that explosion on Broadway this week?

<<

Brendan

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:43 am

"Just out for a Sunday drive, officer .."

Return to Everything Else