[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - How has the WWW affected your ideas Re: Art.
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How has the WWW affected your ideas Re: Art.

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:50 am

How has the WWW affected your ideas Re: Art.

Since getting a computer , my view of "the art world" and an artist's plight has been changed.
I am not sure if I now know more
or, if I am now deceived even more!
I sincerely suspect that I was wiser about art
back when I thought I knew nothing.
Has widespread access to millions of images, art works, and art 'flack'
benefitted you?
Has the WWW tempted you away from your work, or given you helps and inspirations- or maybe both.
(My neighbour says that you guys aren't real-
that you are just 'cyber people'.)
hat's ith the eb?!!

<<

Brendan

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:46 am

My only exposure to the art world has been online .....

So the world consists of photorealistic celebrity drawings, gushing compliments and back slapping in an atmosphere of friendly competition and mutual admiration.

Why ? ... is there more ??
<<

muskwa

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:08 am

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Re: How has the WWW affected your ideas Re: Art.

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

quicksdraw

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:36 pm

world war won

I don't wanna get kicked out of Dueys forum. no comment.
Last edited by quicksdraw on Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
<<

quicksdraw

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:47 pm

louis Armstrong wrote: "And I tink to myself,,Whata Wonderful World"
Last edited by quicksdraw on Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:41 am

Veddy interesting! BTW Maple- is that your face for an avatar? Neat drawing.
Nice mug.
So, maybe you haven't heard about the conspiracy? OK. Simply - artists often have a hard time making money and making art too. They also, sometimes, have an awful time getting exposure- which before the Internet meant "galleries". That's pretty much what I meant by "artists' plight".
I have been using the Internet for about 4 years now, Iand unitl coming here, I hadn't found a place where I felt like something real was going on. I think Brian has some magic that comes naturally to him. I very much appreciate Brendan's cool, candor and wit. This aspect of the Internet, then, has been good for me.
But, it can use up a lot of time, and it can be full of myths. I was happy today to hee from an artist in Russia who corresponds with me- and he is finally making some good money and getting well-deserved recognition. That is a benefit that I would not have believed possible when I was 20. ( His name, btw, is Ilyas Phaizulline. He has a website.) But I cannot write him back now cause my Shaw server isn't functrioning! It does that every now and then! S--t.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:59 am

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09

Return to Everything Else