[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Webcam
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Webcam

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:50 am

Webcam

I just bought a webcam tonight. So when I get it all set up I can show videos of me drawing and have live feeds. I thought that might be kind of cool.[/url]
<<

quicksdraw

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:21 am

<<

sten

Pro
Pro

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:43 am

just sten
<<

krisb781

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:37 pm

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; and a sense of humor to console him for what he is. "
http://krisb781.deviantart.com/
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:23 pm

was that cyberstud..need to fing pen top write down adress....
Cool idea, can't wait to see the first one.
<<

Brendan

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:26 pm

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:55 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:59 pm

You'll have to set it up to take a photo every couple of minutes .. no video with dial up ..
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Really Brendan? There's no way to set up a live stream or anything like that?
<<

Brendan

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:18 pm

I don't think you have the bandwidth .. unless the video was really small - but I don't really know what I'm talking about .. :roll: :wink:
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:28 pm

This is the cam I got. It's supposed to be top of the line, HD video. Carl Zeiss optics with 1600x1200 video resolution.

<<

cujo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:48 pm

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:13 pm

Cujo, do you know quite a bit about webcams? I can still take and upload video correct? Ok, that's fine with me if I can only take snapshots, better than nothing.
<<

cujo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:31 pm

Brian, yes, I've had quite a bit of experience with webcams. Mostly using video conferencing equipment, but the same rules apply. You should be fine taking snapshots at random intervals; just make sure to set the quality lower then default, as the images may come out around the 2MB size, which usually (if I remember correctly) takes about 15-20 minutes to upload.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:27 am

It won't make a difference whether you're using dial-up or not..as long as you take a video and upload it here.
It won't be a live feed but I believe the quality would be much, much better.
Just my opinion. ;)
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
Next

Return to Everything Else