[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - So what music inspires your best work?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So what music inspires your best work?

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Varveklis6

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:38 pm

Re: So what music inspires your best work?

Enigma, Royksopp, the chemical brothers, infected mushrooms, sometimes Bloodhound gang... now i discover Deep forest, they are good for relax.. I suggest you listen to them, mst of deep forest songs got lyrics, but they are african or other unknown language... :D
this one of my favorites :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4mskaR3OzE

and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqU6vf7XdlY
and something from infected mushrooms :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXjNB43WRBk
i love mushroom ^^,
<<

Lilith.bt

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:22 pm

mostly thrash metal...some black and death too....doesn't matter which song is it or which genre is it...i draw what i draw, what's on my mind in that time...and depends, sometimes i draw and listen to a song, which fits my mood...
ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like solitary confinement...
<<

annenon

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:39 am

Favourite music?

For me there it has to be the lighter composers, Mozart, Mendelssohn (definately the Italian Symphony - a superlative peice), Rossini and the Donizetti operas such as Don Pasquale.

Although, I know in Educatiing Rita there is the famous line "Wouldn't you just die without Mahler, darling?", but my drawings would die listening to him whilst trying to work - far too heavy as a composer (symphonies 1 and 3 aside).

I also enjoy listening to Classic FM.

I do like some pop music, but I find it is far too distracting to listen to whilst working.
<<

honey

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:43 pm

For me it is for sure James Morisson and his specific voice colour. I usually listen to his music when I draw. It is unbelievably inspiring.
Look at that - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9IjLDEtGHM and tell me - czyż to nie piękne? Isn't that beautiful? That is great music for work with pencil and portraits, specially beautiful women :)
(one time I've had his photo on my avatar, maybe you can remember ;) )
Be racist - don't let the black thoughts be in your head.

at last.
<<

rorystorm

Post Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:32 pm

depending on the mood
crosby stills nash, neil young, joni mitchell, jackson browne,
60s beat groups and rock and roll,

again it all depends on the way you feel at the time,
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:16 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

rorystorm

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:35 am

of course, they fall under both sixties beat groups and rock and roll , with the quarrymen and others.

all through my life i have been called either rory gallagher, rory calhoon , or rory storm, from the hurricanes. i guess rory is an uncommon name
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:05 am

Respected crop circle researcher : Rory Tate !!

:lol:
<<

rorystorm

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:38 pm

another one, poor bloke.
i take it he is a yank
does he know that the aliens dont really make crop circles?

wonder what his favourite song is, round and round by chuck berry,
circles, by the who, or dizzy
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

rorystorm

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:54 pm

some great stuff comes from canada, bryan adams, jim carey, mike myers
need i say more
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:03 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:42 pm

<<

rorystorm

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:40 am

of course you guys go without saying
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:05 am

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else