[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - So what music inspires your best work?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So what music inspires your best work?

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

b-jarl

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:19 am

rammstein
muse
katie melua
classical
AC/DC
jimmi hendrix
clapton
and the list go on and on and on :D
art is love, art is pure, art is everything, art grows in me and you, art is my way of living.
<<

sten

Pro
Pro

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:19 pm

Last week I bought a CD from a young dutch jazz singer and composer.
Just happy, relaxed and mellow music to listen to when I am drawing.
Here are some YouTube links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRNDp8t52Sc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdbw0bDLJwQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3-zV_H1E4k
just sten
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:02 am

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Matthew Good, The Tragically Hip
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:29 am

I prefer music without lyrics because my mind starts to follow them, and I react to the content of them- so I like classical music when I'm drawing or painting, so I can feel the goodness without mentally getting diverted from my subject- which is to be drawing.
Last edited by crazy david on Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:54 am

I definitely react to the content of the lyrics in the songs, but for me that is a good thing. To each his own!
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:23 am

Sometimes Rock, Pop.
Sometimes classical music....
I'm not a good artist, but i'm good at pretending to be one...

My DA: http://lordavatarz.deviantart.com/
<<

twilight

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:10 pm

<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:23 pm

<<

Aga

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:42 am

As for the last few months, I only listen to Pink Floyd while drawing... But I also used to listen to The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Nick Cave...
<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:33 pm

music is within me

its amazing to see how music is so important to so many artists on this site.

for me, music is a place I dissolve into. without it, i would be incomplete i think.

I have been brought up on irish folk, but my taste ranges all across the board.

I think the Beatles were something special.
Lep Zeppelin were ahead of their times.
Bob Dylan can write how a whole nation feels.
Oasis brought the guitar back to England.
Jeff Buckley spoke to your soul.
And Willy Mason tells it how it is.

Check out my song on my website. I hope people can relate to the lyrics.

www.freewebs.com/cordyland

i also have my art posted there.

I am learning how to improve in both categories.

Cordy
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:40 am

Aga wrote: "As for the last few months, I only listen to Pink Floyd while drawing... But I also used to listen to The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Nick Cave..."

AH- at last- another human being knows of Leonard Cohen! Hello Aga! Comment ca va? (fr.) Guess what Aga- I sold Leonard a picture of his own face in '69. My career has gone down hill ever since! When I met him I told him that I knew almost all of the words to all of his songs. ( 2 albums, then)
He said, " Thanks a lot, Man. Thanks a lot."
What's one of your favourite Cohen songs, Aga? I like "Bird on a Wire" and "Tonight Will Be Fine"...
Last edited by crazy david on Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Aga

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:38 am

<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:29 am

<<

Aga

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:34 pm

Don't feel bad about it, from what I've read it didn't depend on you. :) But the feeling that Leonard Cohen owns a part of your work must be really amazing!

You're right, he is well known in Europe, (he even has Polish roots!) and in Poland he became famous thanks to Maciej Zembaty - Polish singer and songwriter, who is really fascinated with Cohen. Around the early 80's he translated some of Cohen's lyrics into Polish and made records with Cohen's songs. They sound really great, M. Zembaty has an amazing, low voice and besides his translations are just perfect. :)
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:20 am

Ya- Mr. 'C' was my life for a while. Some folks get relaly trapped by his lyrics. I even read of one guy who blamed his whole life of misfortune on Leonard. I don't know if he still has the picture. I'm glad he's out of the monastery!
PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else