[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - An unfair test question
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

An unfair test question

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Navi

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:50 pm

An unfair test question

So we took a test in my high school art class the other day and I thought one of the questions was unfair. Even though I knew the answer and would have gotten all the questions right if I had put it I missed it on purpose to prove a point that I didn't agree with what the teacher told us. The question was :roll: when drawing a face what part should you start with. The choices were A. the mouth B. the nose and C. the eyes. The correct answer was B. the nose. I think you should start with what ever you feel like starting with. With what ever you are most comfortable with I mean that makes a lot of sense doesn't it. I mean not everyone has to start with the nose right. I bet very few artist start with the nose and some of the best artist in the world do not start with the nose and it's working for them. Having to draw a certain way because some tells you takes all the fun away. Now will some tell me I'm absolutely right. Just thinking about this made me mad.

:x
Last edited by Navi on Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Navi

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:57 pm

Maybe if I get comments from you guys saying I'm right and then print out the page and show her, she will listen to me. :twisted: Or maybe it will just get me in trouble. :roll: But hey I don't care she even deducted points from my daily grade because I wasn't I the right seat I mean she has moved me from 3 different tables and I just wanted to sit with my friends that day. :)
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:58 am

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Navi

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:02 am

<<

smidge

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:51 am

<----my drawings website.
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:14 am

OK .. here's a tip from me, much more valuable than anything you'll learn in school :wink: .. :

Always tell your teacher (then later on .. your boss, your customers, your wife etc ..) what they want to hear, even when they're wrong.
Inside, you will know that you are right, and will continue to think and act accordingly. By going along with them you can more easily reach whatever goals you've set for yourself. Learn to play them like you would an instrument !

Remember .. those who can - do ... and those who can't - teach !!

Going back with a few comments supporting your view won't accomplish anything.

I'm sure they have a hard time coming up with things to test you on in an art class (it's not like it's math or history etc .. ) so just go with the flow !
Take it from an old guy - high school is a tiny, insignificant part of life!! 8)

<<

Navi

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:31 am

Thanks smidge. Thanks Brendan your'e absolutely right I'll take your advice. :D
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:52 pm

Yup ... stick to my advice and you'll be well on your way to your dream job - Bus Driver ! .. where every day is like this :

<<

Navi

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:19 pm

Brendan who is this guy? Who was holding the camera? So you know this guy that isn't you with long hair is it. :-k
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:36 pm

Ha ! My hair isn't anywhere near that thick :x :x !
He's just a friend from work - unfortunately caught by a news camera crew that were there filming an unrelated story ...
<<

Navi

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:45 pm

Sorry Brendan yeah he doesn't look as cool as you. 8) But I 'm glad to hear he's not you. :D
<<

Navi

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:52 pm

So did that other guy really spit on him in the first place.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:13 pm

Sad to say..I have to agree with Brendan. :lol:
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

blurhead

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:25 pm

<<

Deadwood

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:57 pm