Can you learn portrait drawing

Moderator: duey

<<

Maddyjean

Brand New Member

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Can you learn portrait drawing

Hello .

My question was if you can learn portrait drawing? Or are you just gifted with it from the start?.

I'm a interior design student ..well just qualified so I quess u can say junior interior designer.

Drawing is my passion and I always been really good in drawing interior perspectives and houses and ect.
They look really realistic, also just fun drawings like Disney or flowers or tattoo style drawings and some animals.
But my portrait drawings looks very childish to me and not realistic at all, I have a hard time with doing portrait, but I really want to be able to do this!. The face is the hardest part. I've done some eye drawing in big format and that looked really nice but placing it In a face I just can't do it. It won't look realistic or good.

Is it possible to learn this? As I am a good drawer.

Thank you!

Jean
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:10 pm

Re: Can you learn portrait drawing

Hi Jean. I get e-mails from people all the time asking this same question. In my opinion I think anyone can learn to draw. I do think that some people are gifted more than others in the art department…like the Armin Mersmanns and David Kassan's of the world.

Return to Materials and Techniques