Pencil drawings: horse - little girl

Moderator: duey

<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:16 pm

Re: Pencil drawings: horse - little girl

I had also questions about the price for commission portrait,,and saying £150-£200 people find it very expensive even it is about drawing, buying, and have a unique and original piece of art. Problem is that the people dont realise how much time you spendd on each and every work you do, they can only see the final result and even if the quality is as good that they are happy about it still dont want to spend a lot of money on it,,,I think it is about the name is well...if you are not some well-known localy or nation-wide artist,,than it seems to them that it dont take a lot of effort to make a piece. I had a commision few weeks ago,,it was for my friend from work,,the picture was about her dog,,two subject on one paper,,one only a had in the background and the second the whole dog on the front,,the final result was pretty good,,she was happy with it,,when she did ask how much i said,,coz you are a friend £30 per subject,,so its £60 she wasnt very happy with it even the picture was size A3. She had to pay me in two payments coz she had no spare £60..So this shows me that paople would like to have their belowed ones painted and drawed but there is no money to spare sometimes.
Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud
Here I'm tumbling for you
Stumbling through the work that I have to do
Don't mean to harm you
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Re: Pencil drawings: horse - little girl

stanya,you are absolutely right about commissioned pieces,there is a huge difference between good Artists and pricing,my advice would be..get as much as you can and don't undersell yourself.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
Previous

Return to Drawings