Newest... :)

Moderator: duey

<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:00 am

Newest... :)

My newest WIP, I still need to work on his mouth, body and the background. I feel like maybe the lower face needs to be brought forward slightly, but is hard to tell with no reference photo.
What do you guys think?

This was the original... Me and noses do not get a long. I almost always have to shorten the nose after I have looked at it for awhile.
I need to try out the simple square technique or just keep drawing profiles until I'm sick of them. Haha
<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Re: Newest... :)

This is taking forever to get it right. and its still not there.
I really hate how this paper shows ever mistake.
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:39 am

i have a question. are you working towards achieving realism? not to draw 100% like a photo but something very realistic? is that your goal down the road? well let me tell you that if that is what you want to achieve one day then you are on the wrong track buddy. you need to work off a reference to get an idea of ear sizes since all the ones you make look too big. to get an idea of proportions of the human face. doodling like this isnt going to get you to realism. so if you do want to achieve realism one day, put this away, get a reference picture and get practicing.

NOW... if you just like drawing for the heck of it and dont care what you make out of it later on then you are on the right track!
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:41 am

Tanner - a curious question, but why do you always draw the same person? Or why do they always look like the same person?

What paper are you using? Get some Bristol Board - its smooth and great for reworking errors.
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Sweet, I'm glad they always look the same. :) I wasn't sure if I was getting it right or now.
I illustrate a book that I am writing and its normally the same man I'm drawing and if it isn't him then it is part of the same immediate family.

I'm not sure what kind of paper. I just looked at the cover and it says for drawing/acrylic/watercolor
I need to get Bristol. My old art book was that kind and I really liked it.

93Fox, I'm actually decent at working off references. I've been doing that for years.
The problem I'm running into now is drawing from no reference. Personally, I see them as two completely separate forms of drawing.
I think I"m just going to have to suck it up and keep drawing like this until I get enough practice. :/ Thank you for the advice.

Here are some of my reference drawings:
<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:52 pm

93Fox, I used your comment and revised the ear. I'm a lot happier with it now. After looking at it a little more I think it needs to be more narrow too.

Return to Drawings