[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Closeup Baby Leopard - Finished
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Closeup Baby Leopard - Finished

Moderator: duey

<<

adrianwells

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu May 24, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Closeup Baby Leopard WIP

About 15 hours into it...a bit more added...

As you can see, the texture on the nose isn't very realistic. Struggle with that a bit, but when more is done I will blend it in a bit.
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu May 24, 2012 12:47 pm

For me the nose looks good. What don't you like about it?
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu May 24, 2012 6:59 pm

adrian wells I just love your Drawings :) Incredible job my friend!
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri May 25, 2012 3:56 am

A lovely rich piece of pencil work, Adrian. I can't see much wrong with the nose either. I'm sure it will work well when the drawing is finished! Keep it up!! :)
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

adrianwells

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun May 27, 2012 4:26 am

Thanks Guys,

Whats bugging me about the nose, or should I say the bridge of the nose, is that textured area...the "patterns" just seem a bit too defined ie. not blending in enough. But here is an update, and it's looking a bit better in my opinion...
I might blend the patterns in a bit more at the end.
Another thing...what do you Guys think about the biggest dark patch with the white whiskers ontop of it? Does it not make that area seem a bit like a void? Maybe add a bit of texture to that dark patch to bring it out a bit?

<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun May 27, 2012 5:29 am

Looking good Adrian,
The pattern on the nose seem a bit thick, but having not seen the ref photo, it's difficult to judge really.
I imagine it to be like velvet, but at the moment it seems more of a fleecy texture. Does that make sense? I could be wrong...

The dark patch does seem a bit flat, I know that photos play tricks on you, so maybe some artistic license is needed there.

But that said, if you left both these things unchanged, it would still be a great drawing, so it's up to you really.

Honestly, really good work so far. :)

<<

adrianwells

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun May 27, 2012 12:28 pm

<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun May 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Ahh yes, it's got one of those dodgy confusing bits where the dark patch is, I would look at some other refs, and indicate the lip going round to break it up a bit.
or not, its up to you. Hope that helps. :)

<<

CaraT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu May 31, 2012 10:13 am

I just returned to the forum too, ive missed your work!!! LOVING THIS ONE!!!!!!
<<

MichaelN

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:21 am

Looks fantastic to me, Adrian. Those eyes are awesome.

Mike

<<

adrianwells

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:30 am

Well here's an update Guys...
The dark patch under the bright white whiskers still looking a bit extreme? (contrast-wise)

<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:03 pm

This is a fantastic rendering of a very difficult subject. Very well doen Adrian.
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

adrianwells

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Thankyou for the positive feedback Everyone.
I'm nearly finished it, just the chin whiskers to do, so let me know if any touches need to be made before I spray it with the fixative :wink:

<<

adrianwells

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:45 am

Re: Closeup Baby Leopard - Finished

Well finally here's the "finished" drawing. Probably took me about 50 hours, but thats just a guess. Thanks for all the motivating and positive feedback :wink:
Haven't sprayed it with fixative yet, but have taken a few suggestions with regards to "touch-ups" into account and made a couple of changes here and there, so if there's anything obvious that stands out and needs to be changed/fixed, please let me know...

<<

High Elbows

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Closeup Baby Leopard - finished?

This is really good! The only thing I might suggest, is making the leopard's right eye a little bit darker. There isn't much of a contrast between the eye, and the white fur. Maybe it's just your photo, or scan, but in your reference photo the eye is darker, and the reflection on the eyeball is more pronounced.
Great work, Adrian!
My DA...
PreviousNext

Return to Drawings