[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - First Post - Corvette & McLaren
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

First Post - Corvette & McLaren

Moderator: duey

<<

max.j

Post Tue May 01, 2012 8:20 am

First Post - Corvette & McLaren

Hey all,

3 months ago i just found out that i'm not that bad in drawing. So i decided to give it a try and i'm having a lot of fun with it! But i still have a lot to improve and i'm standing in front of some problems, for example shading. The corvette was my first drawing (i didnt know much about techniques) i tryed to shade with blending stumps and i think i destroyed the paper so it doesnt look that good anymore. I think he mclaren looks a lot better, i didnt press too hard with my blending stumps but it still doesnt look perfect. Maybe you could give me some piece of advice how i could improve for example my shading skills!

in the end: i didnt look at the details drawing the corvette, so especially the wheels dont look that good. i tryed to change that with my other drawing and spent a lot more time for my mclaren. but i still think i see a certain improvement concerning those two drawings :)

so here we go:

critics are welcome, and sorry for my bad english. im from germany :mrgreen:
Hope is lost
Faith is broken
A fire will rise
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 am

Re: First Post - Corvette & McLaren

They look good. You might want to purchase some ellipses guides for drawing the tires, and other oval shapes.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

MichaelN

Addicted
Addicted

Post Thu May 03, 2012 12:23 am

Like Phan-Tom said, the tires look a tad hinky...but apart from that they both look awfully good to me.
Especially like the McLaren, and I'm not even a car guy. Nice work, Max.J.

Mike

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu May 03, 2012 6:51 am

max,they're not bad,as you said..work on the shading,use material or dry cotton face wipes instead of tortillions,use the tortillions for up-close work(when things border-line and you need more accuracy) Apart from that..nice work :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

max.j

Post Thu May 03, 2012 7:32 am

thank you very much for the critics! i'm gonna check out if i find some ellipses guides to work with!

thanks russ, for my next drawing i'm ganna try out those cotton face wipes :) in a video i saw the artist using a brush for shading, do you know if its worth buying one and give it a try?
Hope is lost
Faith is broken
A fire will rise
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu May 03, 2012 8:43 am

<<

Chad V

Addicted
Addicted

Post Thu May 03, 2012 9:46 am

You can't be King of the world, if your slave to the grind.................
http://www.facebook.com/chadvstudio
http://chadvstudio.deviantart.com/
http://chadvstudio.weebly.com/
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu May 03, 2012 9:49 am

<<

Rancid454SS

Brand New Member

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:36 pm

They look pretty good. The McLaren turned out really well.
There's only two things that get me a little bit on the two:
-Your wheels [Sorry for being the eighteen thousandth person to point them out... circles are hard for some people, I understand!]
-On the corvette, I noticed the top line on the rear quarter panel doesn't quite have the corvette curve needed to make it flow. It's a bit... straight.

I kind of feel like a hypocrite for posting this; I am not bashing them by any means, because I am just learning cars... and not doing as well as you!
<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:43 pm

like the pictures,,proportion-wise are very good,,nice shapes,,only thing i would say is that i would make dark spots even more darker so it would give more depth,,other than that look great
Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud
Here I'm tumbling for you
Stumbling through the work that I have to do
Don't mean to harm you
<<

max.j

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:10 am

thank you!
on the second one i used an 8b for the darkest spots. do you have another pencil you could recommend? :)
Hope is lost
Faith is broken
A fire will rise
<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:33 pm

i got also 9b or if i need to go even more darker,,there charcoal pencils which are really good too
Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud
Here I'm tumbling for you
Stumbling through the work that I have to do
Don't mean to harm you

Return to Drawings