[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - First Person drawing
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

First Person drawing

Moderator: duey

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:20 am

Re: First Person drawing

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought gridding wasn't the answer for everything. lol.
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:17 am

Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:53 am

You are absolutely correct. I understand that gridding is the only way to drawing to match a picture closest to 100% correct. It is not however the only advice that can be given. If a person doesn't want to use the gridding tecnique and lets say said person is using sighting.

Said person who is using sighting could start his drawing from the outside in- I don't reccomend.

Said person could start from inside working out- I reccomend

Said person may need to work on seeing shapes

Said person may need to work on positive form

Said person may need to work on negative spaces.

or doing like Phan-Tom did or be like this looks wrong to me.

You don't have to say give up and grid all the time, cause even when gridding a person can make a mistake.
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Dude did you even read the links I posted?
learn to draw with out a grid is where I was sending you so I didn't have to hear any more whining about how were really not teaching you. Man you get what you pay for you want free learn to grid.

We donate our time and effort here to try to help you guys. If you don't like it here there are many sites like this find another.

If you want to learn how to draw go to school like I did. It will cost you money and lots of time. I am also going back to school to learn more so I wont have time to help you out.

said the person that has wasted a lot time trying to explain things to you. You do what you want. All the information you want is online if you look for it.
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:15 am

<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:49 am

N. Banks, when you can look at the tutorial you will see it is what you are looking for.
It is using different features to help locate the other features around it.
It is a very useful link for beginners who do not want to use gridding, but want to get those proportions right.

Good find, Booters. :)
<<

Sketch_Artist

Brand New Member

Post Tue May 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Very good for your first portrait. When it comes to the hair, you're on the right track. People try drawing every strand of hair and it never looks right. By seeing the hair as a body, and then using contour shapes and basic shading principles to fill it in, your hair will look more realistic.

My first suggestion is that you work on blending your values. In the hair, the dark abruptly stops at the highlight. Try fading it out slowly into the lighter tones.
Previous

Return to Drawings