[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Marlon Brando in Young Lions
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Marlon Brando in Young Lions

Moderator: duey

<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:14 am

Marlon Brando in Young Lions

I know it doesn't look just like my reference, but I'm pretty pleased with how it came out.
The tips and art I have seen on this forum have really contributed to the techniques I used.
Comments or critics welcome
Reference

Thanks for looking
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:43 am

Re: Marlon Brando in Young Lions

Your drawing looks great. Just a few picky things. Like in the right (His left) there isn't that much shadow, and the badges are off and for some strange reason it looks like you did all the shadows right but the face doesn't quite match though I cant put my finger on it. Looks really good though. You should definitily be happy with the way it came out. =D>
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:45 am

Thanks, Banks. :)
I think its his mouth. Maybe it isnt quite big enough. Looking at the pictures side by side on here makes it easy to see where i need to darken the shadows. Thanks for you tips Ill play with it a little and post my results. ;)

Edit: So I tweaked a few things. I think it looks better. I have a great camera, but its still not doing a great job on getting a picture that really shows the drawing. :/
<<

Fault

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:44 am

The clothes are really done well! I really like the detail on everything.
Just a few minor picky things, whether to improve on this one or to remember in the future - the eyes on your drawing aren't quite right. Your eyes are roughly horizontal with the paper, however on the reference they are going on an incline because his head is tilted slightly. It's not a big deal, however there's always room for improvement! One other thing is the shading on the nose. It does have curvature to it, however it looks like your right shadow line (his left) is fairly straight. Adding a curve to it might help to better portray the reference (especially on the pictures left side).

With all those nit picky things said, this picture is really well done and you should be extremely proud of this!
Your anatomy, overall, is pretty excellent as well. His jaw line is on an accurate angle, in my opinion, and that can be pretty challenging sometimes.

Keep up the great work!
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:53 am

I think Fault said it all really, great work Tanner. :)

<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Thank you all for the replies. :)

Fault, I knew something was wrong with his eyes, thanks for helping me out. :) I doubt I'll change them, I'm too afraid to mess it up, Lol. However for the nose I may play around with the shading a little more and try to get it to look right. Thank you for the input.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Great Artwork Tanner,Take note of the advice as I'm sure you will,try and use a ruler for measuring distances ie; one pupil to both corners of the mouth,simple little plotting marks that will make you quickly see how far out you have drifted.Just simple mistakes but a great learning curve :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:27 pm

:)
Feeling like a freak on a leash.

Return to Drawings