[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - my 1st sketch.
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

my 1st sketch.

Moderator: duey

<<

newscribbler

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:04 pm

my 1st sketch.

sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
message when i tried to upload a photo of my sketch??? any help out there? :-)
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: my 1st sketch.

Doesn't work using this sites tools,use imgur.com or other similar sites and copy the link for message boards.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

newscribbler

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:32 pm

<<

newscribbler

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:50 pm

<<

newscribbler

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:50 pm

i seem to struggle to fit much detail into my pics, although im happy with my 1st tries, should a beginner like myself be using larger sheets of paper?
would love any help, thanks
steve ;)
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:36 pm

While using larger drawing surfaces does mean you can achieve more detail, detail can be achieved on any size paper depending on how zoomed into the subject you are.
I mean if you draw a hand on an A4 piece of paper, you can achieve great detail, where as if you draw an entire human figure on the same said piece of A4, much less can be achieved.
I would concentrate on establishing the skills needed to achieve different textures in close up, you will find as you become more able to achieve these, increasing the size of your paper will come naturally, as you will want to include more and more of your subject.

Don't know if that helps, but that's my tuppenny worth. :)

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Sketches look good. I agree on the paper advice. Also don't be to harsh on yourself, you may talk yourself into stoping. Cant to wait see more from you.
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

Fault

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:20 am

For your first sketches, those are extremely well done. You obviously have a lot of talent!
The best advice is to just keep on practicing. As stated above, the proportions look pretty accurate - which is one of the major things that can make or break a picture.
<<

newscribbler

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:15 pm

<<

newscribbler

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:23 pm

thanks for the feed back and encouragement guys :D ive run into a problem on my 3rd sketch, lastnight i thought i was happy with the face of one of my subjects then this morning i found i wasnt (looked more like a baboon :D ) giving me another lesson.....taking a break from drawing and coming back to your picture can make it look totaly different....anyone else find this?
i kind of took drastic measures and rubbed out the face to find harsh pencil marks and just abit of a mess in that area, but im really happy with one half of the drawing so far and dont want to throw it away just yet. will post a pic see what you think?
<<

Theyoungster

Amateur
Amateur

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Drawing people is pretty hard. Im pretty good at everything else but people. What i would do is practice drawing eyes on a seperate piece of paper. Then practice drawing a nose, mouth, and ears. Then put all of that practice into one drawing. Hope that helps!
<<

newscribbler

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:36 pm

<<

newscribbler

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:36 pm

its defo a tricky one for me, as the lion is jumping away and not sure the 2 animals are in scale with eachother .

maybe move on from this and start again... :D
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Next

Return to Drawings