[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - WIP - Drawing of Brothers
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WIP - Drawing of Brothers

Moderator: duey

<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:27 am

WIP - Drawing of Brothers

This is my first time drawing a picture on paper large than 8.5x11.
It is also my first time trying to branch out of my current style and go more realistic.
My drawings are usually realistic, but not to the quality that I have wanted.
Any tips or critiques throw 'em at me.
I really want to make this picture look as realistic as possible and I'm not quite sure how to do that.

I've been working on the first face this evening and the attention to detail seems to be coming along.

Thanks for looking
<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:02 am

Re: WIP - Drawing of Brothers

Finished for the night, really trying not to rush this one like I normally do.

Btw, just thought I would add that the drawing is loosely based on Clive Owen and Gerard Butler, but the men in the picture are fictional.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:17 am

Your drawings look really good. As for getting more realistic it will obviously take more practice, but from what I have been reading up this tecnique called circulism gets you the best realistic tones for skin. There is a tutorial on it I do believe. I read it once. havent yet tried it.
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:55 am

Thanks, Banks.
I did look at that tutorial, that's the technique I have been playing around with on this drawing.
Its a little time consuming, but the results are much more realistic and rough. Especially when it come to drawing male skin.

Here is an update. Once again finished for the night.
I think the first man's body may be too small for his head?
Thoughts?

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:21 am

I am going to agree with you on the first body. I am trying curculism now and I am failing. so I am gonna try and go back and read tutorial.
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:26 am

Thanks for the input.
I was afraid of that.

Does anyone have any tips on shading metal? I want the metal of the armor to look realistic, but I've never drawn such before.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:56 am

Return to Drawings