[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - first drawings
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

first drawings

Moderator: duey

<<

Fault

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:18 am

Re: first drawings

That's a really good picture! Creepy but good :lol:

The eyes, nose, mouth, and insane mustache are truly well done. Maybe the wrinkles on the forehead should be a tad softer though?

Regardless, great job man [-o<
<<

LARSMUR

Amateur
Amateur

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:51 am

I must say, I am really impressed that you are this good when it's only your 3rd or 4th portrait. I really like it! Keep up the good work! :)
<<

altair

Amateur
Amateur

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:09 am

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Its like.....Its like he is looking at me.....some one help me. He is after me. lol.
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Altair,you're doing great,but as my old sparring partner 'canadianmaple' used to say..a smooth transition is required,meaning,when you blend,make sure there is not too much of an abrupt difference,I hope you understand what I'm saying.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Very nice!
You showed a lot of improvement in this drawing, great job. :)
<<

altair

Amateur
Amateur

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:34 am

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:52 am

to "multi quote" as you put it you just select what you what you want to quote then press the quote button and then do the same thing again to the next thing you want to quote.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:35 am

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:47 am

<<

Sketch_Artist

Brand New Member

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:47 am

Hair is a weakness for me as well, but I think you hit the nail on the head when you said you were just being lazy ;). That's my problem as well.

I think that drawing a portrait over the span of a week is better for me, that way I don't feel like I have to finish it in one sitting. When I do this, my hair is always last, so I tend to rush through it so I can be done.

Patience is certainly a virtue in the art of drawing.
<<

altair

Amateur
Amateur

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:00 am

<<

altair

Amateur
Amateur

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Grandma, very very work in progress :D

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:25 pm

That's fantastic altair,old people are notoriously hard to draw..good luck :D
<<

altair

Amateur
Amateur

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:11 pm

thank you russ!
yes, your right! White hair are very difficult , and the texture of the skin to (unfortunately i have a bad reference photo, so there aren't a lot of particulars)...We'll see :D
PreviousNext

Return to Drawings