[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - New drawing.... after a while!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New drawing.... after a while!

Moderator: duey

<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:59 pm

New drawing.... after a while!

So i finally finished a drawing i had been working on for quite a few weeks. It was my first paid commission so i did my best to make it as perfect as possible. It took me quite some weeks since i kept working on and off. What was new for me this time was putting three faces in one paper. I had never done that so it was my first time doing it and i loved the way it turned out. I know its not 100% perfect but i believe i did a really good job. The hair on all three kids was a challenge since i always struggle with hair. As far as technique, it was all circulism this time. No blending what so ever. No stumps, no tissue, no brushes. Just circulism. I realized that i still need practice with it but i got it down pretty well for it being my 2nd time doing it. on to the drawing....

- 12''x16'' Arches Hot Pressed watercolor paper
- Pentel GraphGear 1000 0.9, 0.7, 0.5, 0.3
- Kneaded eraser
- Paper Mate eraser stick

By the way, IN MY OWN OPINION, if you want the best paper... use arches watercolor paper. It can handle graphite like a champ!!

Reference Pictures:

FINISHED Drawing:

It looks a lot better in person, i couldnt capture the darks in the drawing with the camera. Any Comments and critiques are welcomed!
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: New drawing.... after a while!

excellent drawing
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:24 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:34 pm

I think you've done remarkable well considering the refs,all in all a lovely commissioned piece =D>
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

rush90gt

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:34 pm

Your work looks really good. I will say that in the reference picture of the baby she has some scary looking eyes.
<<

Helen

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Oh it's amazing!! I really love how it came out. You captured the likeness of each of the kids.
Bravo =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:42 pm

you have to work with what you are given! :o
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:38 am

Excellent work. :)

<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:20 am

Yes, a lovely piece. I like how you blend the three faces together as one. And the background shading is really effective. Well done.

The little girl's right cheek looks larger than her left because of the shading. Maybe you coul deasily even that out?? Also, perhaps you could think about replicating the single point of light highlights that are present in the boy's eyes, in the little girl's eyes?
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:34 am

I see youve used mechanical pencils on watercolour paper, interesting - it works well?
<<

Kirby

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:59 pm

<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Yes i didnt like the fact that the little girl had those pitch black eyes... But ive learned to draw the persons the way there are in the picture since the commissioner gives you that picture because its them who likes it! another drawing coming soon! :D
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:42 am

superbly done! =D>
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

paola

Pro
Pro