[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Mythical Creatures.
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mythical Creatures.

Moderator: duey

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:35 am

Mythical Creatures.

Every member of the forum, lets gather together. In this Topic (only if you wish) lets get away from protraits and have a little fun. This topics theme is, you guessed it. Mythical Creatures. I have seen a Topics where everyone does a portrait of a certain actor or actress to see what eachother can do. I have seen topics with cars and cartoon characters. So lets bring the Mythical Creatures back to life and Have some fun. Don't be shy. Going for maximum participation. Lets break some records. Can't wait to see everyone's work and get some helping pointers.

Let the battle of Mythical Creatures begin.

Yours truely,
N.Banks1
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:38 am

Re: Mythical Creatures.

Now I know you weren't think that I would allow anyone else to post their work before I started this off now did you? I think not. What I have here is a GIANT WIP for myself. Scales will most definitely be the hardest part for me. I also need to get some q tips or something so that I will be able to do a little shading. Let the games begin! WOOT WOOT.

If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:14 pm

So my first time doing a dragon with scales and all I have to say is DAMN! lol. Such a slow process! But I am getting there. Once I finish doing the scales then I am guessing I out line everything with pen and then start the shading process. Anyone have a better idea?

<<

Kirby

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:20 pm

This is an interesting idea, and I think it will be cool to see if anyone participates. Yours looks neat so far. Mythical Creatures are outside of my drawing abilities, but I will be watching to see what comes out of this :D
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:52 pm

<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:55 pm

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Wicked Creature!
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:05 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:10 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:20 pm

With the dragon, I think you are creating an unnecessary amount of work for yourself. From the distance we are looking at the dragon, every singe scale wouldn't really be visible, but you are basically putting down each scale which is A LOT of work.

Check out this sketch by John Howe to get an idea what I mean. This is a closer look of a dragon than your drawing and still there is less detail on the scales

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:57 pm

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:34 am

Imagine this picture but with the face completely done with scales except for a few smooth areas. I figured I should Post so this topic doesn't die. VIVA LA Mythical Creatures!
<<

rush90gt

Addicted
Addicted

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:52 pm

Looks like your putting a ton work into your dragon and it looks good. I'm gonna take a break from my current project and see if I can turn some ideas into a sketch of a creature.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Next

Return to Drawings