[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - New pictures in colored pencil
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New pictures in colored pencil

Moderator: duey

<<

rush90gt

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sun May 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Re: New pictures in colored pencil

<<

rush90gt

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:39 pm

I've had alot of free time the past two weeks so I've been drawing alot. This was an idea I put on paper for a friend of mine that wanted a tattoo that would cover up an existing tattoo. He's a volunteer firefighter, that is his actual helmet and he wanted a cross in it as well.
This picture is my first commission from someone that wasn't a friend or relative, He was talking to a friend of mine about air brushing some graphics on his Impala, I had some of my work with me to show him, so he gave me some details and asked for a rendering of his vision. I'm in the process of drawing something similar on a piece of 18x24 as that is the size the guy requested, but 2 days wouldn't be enough time so I made a 8x10 so I would have something to show when he drops his car off monday morning.
I started this last week and finally finished the truck, still undecided on the background, I want to spend more time and have it look better then the last big truck.
Any constructive criticism is welcome and comments appreciated.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:56 am

Looking good Gene,that tat's slightly macabre though!
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

rush90gt

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:42 am

I agree with you on that Russ,( after a quick google search) but it's what I was asked for. I suggested the helmet and some flames, my friend wanted a wooden cross in it. To me it wouldn't seem right with alot of fire, something about the cross looking as if it was burning, so I added as much as I could stand.
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi!

What are you gonna cover?
<<

rush90gt

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:27 pm

<<

RyanSilver

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:28 am

Rush90gt, loved your drawing on your firstpost of the1940s willy. Also loved the drawing of the red Mac . i also loved the harley pic. that last semi you put up was epic.

Also Chad V liked that muscle car drawing. 'the judge'.

such a fan of the talk of grid drawings. i used that technique back in elementary :)
Love art of all kinds. Got inspired to make a website after playing "Draw Something" and seeing how many amazingly talented people there are out there!
<<

rush90gt

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:53 pm

<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 am

I really like your last drawing, you handeled the silver/ grey and black tones very well. This is a truck! :D
<<

rush90gt

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:09 pm

<<

rush90gt

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:30 pm

I drew this Impala on huge rims for the same man that purchased the last Impala Donk I did. I kind of rushed it like I normally do, mostly because I waited til the last minute. I should be finished one day this week with another painting. I'm painting a General Lee on a shop wall for a friend of mine. It is going to be atleast 8 foot long. I'm a little nervous about the outcome, as it will be the largest car I've ever drawn or painted. All comments and critiques are welcome and appreciated.

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:18 pm

8 foot..man that's crazy 8)
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

ohpossum

Brand New Member

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:39 pm

rush,
From and untrained and not very accomplished viewpoint, a bystander, if you will, if your "hurried" work is this good, when you DO find time to devote more, you will have some excellent pieces.

I don't like to interrupt my drawings either, even when using a grid and reference, which is most of the time. But I have discovered that many people work for a while, and may return several times after extended breaks, before completion. As for your backgrounds, if you are not under a particular deadline, maybe you can "file" the work until you have had time to determine a good one.

I really like your work! The Mac? I'm pretty sure I could hear the driver double-clutching, with a load of timber, on a long incline! Keep it up!
If the other rider ain't wavin', it ain't me ridin. Ride Safe, Ride!
<<

rush90gt

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks for the compliments ohpossum, I'm excited that my work is coming out like it has. I'm still working on my patience and its getting better. My biggest problem is my "taste " if you will changes rapidly. Which is the main reason I've owned so many different cars and trucks. One day I might see a nice tractor trailer going down the road and want to draw one like it, If I don't start and finish that picture while all the ideas are running through my mind, some other flashy car, truck, or motorcycle will catch my eye and it all starts over. But my progress has made leaps and bounds since I stumbled across this forum and tutorials.
I will try to upload my photos of my approx. 8ft General Lee as soon as I can.
<<

ohpossum

Brand New Member

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:11 pm

I've had about 15 motorcycles in just over 10 years, and can no longer remember all the cars I've had since the mid seventies. I know what you're talking about.
Forgot to say earlier that you seem to have a good ability to "assemble" accurate colors in your work, as well.
If the other rider ain't wavin', it ain't me ridin. Ride Safe, Ride!
PreviousNext

Return to Drawings