[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - John Lennon
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

John Lennon

Moderator: duey

<<

CaptainJack

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:21 pm

John Lennon

In pencil, on 14x17 Vellum Smooth, from a photo on a book cover...
<<

altair

Amateur
Amateur

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: John Lennon

fantastic!
I like the effect you gave in the glasses. many do not take account of the fact that the skin changes behind the lenses...You did properly =D>
<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:56 pm

very nicely done. love your details and the over all "feel" of the portrait. outstanding job
cheers
shawna
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:52 pm

outstanding work.
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Really nicely done, the teeth seem a little small, but I haven't seen the ref.
Great likeness though, well done.

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Apart from looking dirty..great job!
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:53 pm

I've just seen that our trusty leader..the legend that is Phan-Tom has achieved 1,510,811 hits on dA for his Artwork of John Lennon :shock: =D> =D> =D>
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:40 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:01 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Helen

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Looks great! I think John Lennon had very small teeth Russ.

=D> =D> =D>
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:29 pm

<<

susanj

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:36 am

This is sensational. Love how you've captured his expression.
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:04 am

This is one of the best lennon drawing I have seen! Fantastic Job! =D>
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

CaptainJack

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks for the responses... very nice of you all to post. Yes, Tom, I did start this drawing a couple of years ago actually, had been bugging me to finish, so I did. Appreciate the encouragement, have been idle for a couple of years now, and have just in the last 2 weeks finished three drawings. More to come and thanks again!
<<

Sketch_Artist

Brand New Member

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:17 pm

This is a cool John Lennon sketch :) I'm curious what technique you used for the hair?? It looks like a look of blending/smudging. Not my style, but I like it!
Next

Return to Drawings