[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - My "Portfolio"
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My "Portfolio"

Moderator: duey

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:29 am

Re: My "Portfolio"

So here is what I have going on here:

Grim Reaper

Black india ink all on the back ground +soon to be dark shadows.

Red color pencil for the cloak

white for the bones

Now it looks good to be except for the color pencil. I blame my lack in knowledge of paper and coloring. So this is good because I am learning! haha. Trying new things is always fun.
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:37 am

I would just like to say that whoever makes the rank system has an awesome sense of humor. Lol. I am rank addicted! Super Sweet. Haha. I may be the only one who finds it funny, but IDK. haha.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:56 am

Captains Log: as I close out my final drawing I have made a self discovery. Though maybe there are some artists out there who can I am not one who can start drawing the outside of an object and work my way in. I must start on a shape on the inside that I can easily identify and work my way out. I cant say it is impossible to work from the outside in but for me I feel that it is probably easier going from in to out. My latest project is proof of that very statement. When I start from the outside, everything will not line up correctly. Captains log out.

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:03 am

I did another perspective picture because they can be very challenging getting the angels right. Have to keep practicing. Getting better every day! Start portraits of my wife on monday.

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:23 pm

THE GRIM REAPER!
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:09 am

My first Portrait "Profile View" (side view.).

My buddy at work sat down looking at the computer for 30-45 minutes for me.

Good:

I lost track of time

I was able to see contour lines clearly

I was focused.

I drew it free hand.

I am getting better at drawing.

Bad:

I got lazy with the hair.

I used HB lead so the lines could be seen because I am not good with value yet. (I will get their though.)

I would say on a scale of 1-10 1=not even close to looking like my buddy and 10=absolutely him I would rate it a 3 or 4. But I asked some one else the same question and they rated it a 5 or 6. Now I am admitting I did a good job so I am not downing myself since it is only my first one, but there is always room for improvement.

All Feed Back is Appreciated. Thanks.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:31 am

So what is it that you did here? Is this more drawing from the right side of the brain stuff?
You drew it freehand, but did you do anything else like drawing it upside down, or without lifting your
pencil from the paper?
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:56 am

As a drawing I like it, but what really matters what you are trying to achieve, and if you're accomplishing your goal.
I'm assuming you would like your drawing to be a fairly accurate representation of your buddy.
In the case of this drawing some basic anatomy rules would help greatly.
Something like this may help get things, like the ear, close to where it is on the subject.
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Yep. The book I am using has had the same guide lines. But when you are being fairly acurate of someone thats all they are. Guide lines or references. But no one is proportionaly perfect so everyone is a little different. So after I draw the forehead and the nose and mouth, then I reference the person I am drawing and compare where the eye is compared to the angel of the nose, mouth and angel of the lines, then go to the ear and so on. I am at a much higher level of drawing that what I was before and I am so excited for myself. I am reaching a goal every day and learning something new. Have to keep raising the bar.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:57 am

](*,)
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:25 am

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:03 pm

whats with the banging of the head against a wall? Ear to new heights? Im confused.
<<

rush90gt

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:34 pm

I can see your progress. It looks like you started off well, from the chin to the eye brow looks proportionate. But from there the forehead, top of the head and down the back look exagerated. I "think" what phantom was mentioning that the ear looks to high. I understand what you mean by everyone is different, but the next time you see the person whom posed for you just look at his glasses and see if the arm of the glasses are at such a high angle. That's just my .02 cents, hopefully it sounds constructive as that is how I intend it. I'll be posting and update of my horse/man soon.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
PreviousNext

Return to Drawings