[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - My "Portfolio"
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My "Portfolio"

Moderator: duey

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: My "Portfolio"

If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:55 pm

How to draw lifelike portraits from photographs by Lee Hammond is a great book to start next.
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:35 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:34 am

<<

Helen

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks for sharing your exercises. It's interesting to see your progress. I have the Lee Hammond video and I highly recommend it. The book is great too but the video really helped me. She explains everything with such detail and demonstrates so that you can do each step with her.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:39 am

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:20 am

Here is some of my recent drawing works. It has been a couple days since I have been able to draw to upload the photos of my progress. My sister, brother in law and niece have come to stay for a week so we have been showing them around Seattle.

This is one of my favorite hands. Some how I drew it smaller then what I was seeing it, but the lines still contour lines still came out so well.

Here is yet another hand. Still working on improving my hand drawing. I am switching positions each time I draw my hand so I can get my brain accustomed to all the different changes in the lines even though I am drawing the same thing. Still working on staying on the right side of the brain when drawing.

I googled landscape pictures and found this one and a few others to draw. I turned it upside down and started attacking it. This one really hurt my brain with all the lines. I am going to have to make a mechanical pencil one of my friends so I can make some of the finer lines that were needed to draw this. My brain hurts right now after drawing this. Time to take a break and watch a movie.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:21 am

Just so everyone knows I am using the free version of photobucket. www.photobucket.com

I have had no issues with uploading any photo on this forum.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:42 am

Ladies and Gentlemen. I had to pass one part in the book in which I am reading to help increase my drawing, but was able to complete the exercise after that. I will finish the prior exercise maybe some time tomorrow...Maybe.
Any way the exercise I completed tonight is called the "Corner exercise." Using your pencil you determine lengths, angels and widths. Using this tecnique in a corner any where in the house. The 1st picture is the one of the corner in which I drew. The 2nd picture is, well the drawing of the exact corner. I didn't draw the light or couch or my wife reading on the couch so I appologise for some of the emptieness. Please tell me what you think.

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:11 pm

My hand holding a fork.

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:13 pm

My hand holding a flower.

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:27 pm

Not really sure if this is helping you that much? You need a project that will focus your mind,if you keep drawing line drawings like you have then progress will be slow.As i said before,I've never used a book,but i realise what i need to get results,do a grid and draw Aishwarya Rai
http://dueysdrawings.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7008#p64136
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:43 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:01 pm

Good on you for sticking with your principles.When 'Aishwarya Rai' was put forwards as a challenge i made the decision of 'Thinking Alternative',that's the thing with Art...more than one way of drawing a picture.
PreviousNext

Return to Drawings