[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - My "Portfolio"
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My "Portfolio"

Moderator: duey

<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: My "Portfolio"

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:13 pm

No I don't want opinions kept to yourself. If I wanted that I would ask for comment....I may not have joined the forum. I like the feed back that everyone gives but something that helps me out.

Give up on the book statement doesn't really help me out. lol. I am use sighting, negative space, and positive shapes to draw my pictures. More then one tecnique and it works wells. I just need to keep practicing.

I am not going to learn everything from a tutorial. I have read the circulism one like 5 times and I think I am getting it now. I am about to post my latest 3 quarter view and show what I have.

I am going to try gridding. :D

I like comments like "Hey dude you suck at life right now, but maybe you will get better." "Hey N.Banks you suck at everything that is value start of just using lines, or cors hatching. Also this is how you do it." "Hey N.Banks your not using a light enuff pencil." These comments are help full. Some are hurtful. lol. but helpful. I am getting a lot of help from everyone to so please dont keep comments to self.

In the great words of Everyone from How I Met Your Mother, "You've been Lawyered!" lol

I would also like to take this time to thank everyone who has been commenting on my drawings and watching my progress. I also like to add this is over 100 posts in this topic and going strong. Thank you again Russ, Booters, Larc and everyone.
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:21 pm

It's not about the amount of posts,it's about the pencil #-o [-X :lol:
And i will speak for myself,Debbie and Carl,saying,thanks for the thanks and let's keep it sane! 8)
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:26 pm

I think I am the only one sane in here. hahahaha. It is about the pencil but I do have to say its over 100 posts of improvement with the pencil....so its a little about the posts. lol.
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:22 pm

I think I am the only one sane in here. hahahaha. It is about the pencil but I do have to say its over 100 posts of improvement with the pencil....so its a little about the posts. lol.

and roger. yes booters told me the same thing. So I moved up to far by switching from a hb to a b. <------I use a no2 pencil lead and a facial pad for skin no#2 pencil lead=hb

That because the rest of us post only one thing at a time here and move on to draw a new subject Under a new heading in the forum. Not our whole "Portfolio" It also means that as long as you post something everyday your "Portfolio" is at the top of the list to read everyday. Your the only one doing this. If you want Us to be mean we can. But just keep practicing is all I'm going to say. Your rushing it you need to learn negative space its the easiest. Then get good at it before you rush in to the others.

Look Larc I didn't explode not yet :oops: We can only give you suggestions here what you do with them is up to you.
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:08 am

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:04 am

Lol. No booters I don't want you to be mean. I was just giving examples.

@ Larc: Hahahahaha. Yea dude! thats what I am talking about.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:08 am

This one is turning out to be my best portrait I do believe. I feel that I have all the portions correct and the pencil is light and barely visible at this stage. I am going to try adding value slowly to it.

update:
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:27 am

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:19 pm

I have been at work for 10 hours and 18 minutes. I am very tired so I stoped with my recent drawing. Was going to do more with the hair but I got tired. Need to go in more detail with the face too, but I am tired. lol. Here it is as of now starting with the Ref picture.

Previous

Return to Drawings