[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Boeing B-47 Stratojet
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Boeing B-47 Stratojet

Moderator: duey

<<

kevinseniorof2013

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Boeing B-47 Stratojet

The finished product after two weeks of drawing on and off!

Beginning in 1951, two XB-47Ds were modified from B-47Bs as purely experimental platforms, with a big Wright YT49-W-1 turboprop engine spinning a huge four-paddle prop, replacing each of the inboard two-jet pods. Difficulties with engine development delayed first flight of the XB-47D until 26 August 1955. The aircraft's performance was comparable to that of a conventional B-47, and its reversible propellers shortened the landing roll, but the USAF did not follow up the idea.

-Information-

A4 (8.5 x 11 in) printer paper
2H, HB, B, 2B, 4B, 6B Faber-Castell pencils
Regular and kneaded eraser
Tortillions and blending stumps
Ruler
Used a reference
~7 hours

Drew this at June 2011

Critiques and comments are welcome ;)
Links:
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Re: Boeing B-47 Stratojet

Hey Kevin,Nice Artwork.
Shame about the grid lines,hope you learned a lesson there #-o
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

kevinseniorof2013

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Thank you Russ! And yes, I sure did. :|
Links:
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Of course that this is far from a "nice artwork"
It looks like a mess. No offense.
You do not go wild with the pencil like that if you do not
know anything about contrast and if you do not have any feeling of depth.
cccc
more practice my friend, more practice.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Chad V

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi Kevin,
I like your subject matter, I grew up with my dad in the USAF and I have loved Air Force jets ever since. One thing you may try as far as the gridwork goes is this, and this is what I do with my drawings.
Grid out on a seperate piece of paper and do your gridded drawing there, then after you are done with your gridded drawing, I have graphite paper that I purchased from an office store that i tape to the back of my gridded drawing and copy over THAT to a new clean sheet of paper. Then you have no grid lines at all to erase or worry about and it just makes a much much cleaner final version........ Hope this helps
You can't be King of the world, if your slave to the grind.................
http://www.facebook.com/chadvstudio
http://chadvstudio.deviantart.com/
http://chadvstudio.weebly.com/
<<

Theyoungster

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:05 am

Great drawing! Just need to work on the background and creating depth with the drawing. The other thing is grid lines. I don't use grids so I'm not sure how to fix that. Keep up the good work.
<<

kevinseniorof2013

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:31 am

Thank you everybody for your answers. :) I love drawing and more practice I get, I will only get better ;) So I appreciate the honest answers I got from you all. :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Links:
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:28 pm

hmm you can get rid of the grid lines. Most drawing pencils have a round metal top. Rub the metal top over the lines and reapply the graphite to it and blend with a cotton pad. I draw over my lines I don't erase them. Excellent drawing you just need to blend more. If you haven't sprayed it you can still fix it.

Tortillions are for fine details
Blending stumps are for shading
Cotton pads or facial pads to make it all look soft and well blended
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

kevinseniorof2013

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:00 pm

Links:
<<

RyanSilver

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Amazing drawing! Love planes! :)
Love art of all kinds. Got inspired to make a website after playing "Draw Something" and seeing how many amazingly talented people there are out there!

Return to Drawings