[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - the best so FAR! :D
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

the best so FAR! :D

Moderator: duey

<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:21 pm

the best so FAR! :D

Personally i feel this is the best drawing ive done so far. I just loved the way it came out... It was a challenge for me since it was the first time i was working on a paper size so small. I usually work on bigger paper but this time i wanted to try to do it on small paper, and it came out just as i envisioned it! onto the drawing... by the way, this is my Girlfriend! :D

Materials:
-8''x6'' Arches Hot pressed 140lb Watercolor paper
-Pentel Graphgear 1000 drafting pencils
-Papermate eraser stick
-kneaded eraser
-inspiration

This is the reference picture i used;

After all the hard work, the long hours, the circulism, the tiredness, the everything... this is how it looked once done;

This is a picture i took when i was working on it! I love my iPad, i have it next to my drawing for the reference picture!

Any comments and critiques are ALL welcomed, if you love it, awesome, if you hate it, awesome! just let me know! Any questions are more than welcomed, i love sharing my technique and any question anyone has about my drawings! Thanks!!! :D

Note: the drawing is a lot darker in person! :D
<<

rush90gt

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: the best so FAR! :D

Looks good. Got any more ref pics? Just kidding Just kidding. I just read Russ's comments on the pin up and I couldn't help myself. I wish I could had the patience to create some top notch work like this.
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:37 pm

it just took about a week to do... now that i am getting the hang of circulism better, i seem to be flying trough my drawings. Not rushing at all, but just got the technique down better and i can work faster! Thank you!
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Brilliant, you really have got your technique down, well done dude. :)

<<

Taylor74

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Looks brilliant. Job well done!
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:43 pm

very realistic. Looks amazing.
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:53 pm

I tried circulism and failed badly,what are the pentel sizes you used?
Anyway Oscar,great job,would very slightly change the highlights but that might be the camera clarity,and her nose needs slight attention? And you're definitely punching above your weight with her :wink:
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:15 pm

Technique is great! I do see some proportion issues but it is a great drawing! :D
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:47 am

<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:04 am

Beautiful drawing, I'm sure your girlfriend was very flattered. ;)
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:19 am

<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:27 pm

armin mersman does circulism and is the master of the masters at it... what does he use? mechanical pencils.... and so do i. Give it a shot people, wooden pencils have never given me the results a mechanical pencil does. Especially with circulism!
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:31 pm

<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:46 am

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:57 am

need to get smart first. though I do have water color brushes so maybe i should try that out, though I think I should get one tecnique down before i try another.
Next

Return to Drawings