[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - New Portrait
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Portrait

Moderator: duey

<<

CJ21

Pro
Pro

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:04 am

New Portrait

Just finished another portrait that my other half asked me to do of him, had a bit of trouble with the hair so any ideas would be greatly apreciated
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: New Portrait

Good work!

Use tones for the hair.

If you want check the tutorials about how to draw hair.

Bye! :D
<<

CJ21

Pro
Pro

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:56 am

Thanks, will do :)
<<

Helen

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:36 am

You really captured his likeness. =D> =D>
<<

Chad V

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Overall, very nice. My only criticism, the nose and mouth are too narrow. If you look at your reference, the nostrils are wider and about out to the crease, and the mouth looks great it's just not wide enough. The patern of the sweater in the drawing is unreal!! People for me are difficult, that's why I draw cars :D
You can't be King of the world, if your slave to the grind.................
http://www.facebook.com/chadvstudio
http://chadvstudio.deviantart.com/
http://chadvstudio.weebly.com/
<<

Kirby

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:19 pm

This is very nice, it definitely looks like him. My suggestion for you is to not be afraid to add more dark tones to his face, this will help make the drawing appear more 3d.
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:58 am

Your technique is good. But you do need to be braver with darker pencils. The line work is excellent and it is a great likeness. Just practice tonal values.
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

CJ21

Pro
Pro

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:21 am

<<

CJ21

Pro
Pro

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:28 am

Kirby & Phillharrier, yes it does need to go darker in many places, I was a little hesitant with that which is unusual for me! I plan to have another go to see if I can correct my mistakes

Return to Drawings