[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - me in minimalism
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

me in minimalism

Moderator: duey

<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:52 pm

me in minimalism

A minimal selfportrait.
At the very beginning i used to try around with minimalism and left it beside for some time.
This is a very plain photo of myself, taken around two years ago, it just shows how i look, no weird anlge, shadows, make up or fancy hair. It just fitted to the style of minimalism.

pencils and ereaser used, worked on it around 7 hours.
Please full view.

Feedback is appreciated! :)

<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: me in minimalism

Really cool. Sounds like an interesting project to undertake. :D The eyes are stunning! :shock:
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:15 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Watcher

Amateur
Amateur

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:48 am

I agree with Russ to the extent that the shaded neck seems to not go with the rest of the drawing. But everything else looks great. The eyes are top notch.
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:54 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Great Drawing!

I found a photo very similar to your self portrait.
The photo could be used as reference as another approach to drawing the neck,
but your drawing is great as it is if you change the neck, or not.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3411/4640330840_a5a842e3db_b.jpg
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:33 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Xartist,your choice,your style,,no one elses.I give critique of my opinions and i hope they help and encourage others.
By the way..you're gorgeous! =P~
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:28 am

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:40 pm

I must say that I have never heard of this technique or maybe it just ins't used that often. It looks really good. Now when I first look at the photo I didn't see anything wrong with it, then when I seen Russ's comment I still didn't think anything was wrong with it. Then I kept looking at it. lol. I know you will do what you do, but I will have to agree with everyone else. I like the line that shows the border of the bottom of the face, but the shading takes away from it I think. Great work and I think I am going to try this tecnique out one day.
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

Helen

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:19 pm

It looks great but I agree with the others. The shaded neck doesn't look right. It's goegeous otherwise! =D>
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:13 pm

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:31 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:04 pm

When drawing minimalist style you tend to highlight certain important parts,our brains add all the missing bits.
Hair,eyes,nose and lips are the important parts,you just don't need to put them all in,but the features you do use need to be very stark.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:54 pm

Oh ok. That seems like it could be a lot of fun.
Next

Return to Drawings