[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hannibal Lecter - Charcoal on Opaline
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hannibal Lecter - Charcoal on Opaline

Moderator: duey

<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:34 am

Hannibal Lecter - Charcoal on Opaline

Hi people, I' ve just did this one. It's charcoal on opaline. I didn't draw it at all because I think the focal points were already done. Thanks and greetings from Venezuela.
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: Hannibal Lecter - Charcoal on Opaline

What I think about this drawing, is that it's great,
but looking it longer, one will realize, that you do not
understand how the eyes lay in the eyesockets and in the skull.
Especially his right eye (viewers left) is unnaturally positioned in
the skull. Anatomy studies of the human skull will solve this issue.
After that, there are some value problems. I honestly think that
there are not enough value changes in this drawing, may be intentional
but if you are going for a more realistic look, then you should use more
values. The eyes- they are not the most contrasted and the most darker
on the drawing. That is a mistake. On the face, most of the time
the eyes are the darkest and the more contrasted, and that is the focal
point. Remember, the eyes are the mirror of the soul. On your painting
the darkest part is the hair. Just squint your eyes and you will see it.
That is a thing that may throw off this drawing.
Either way, you made a great stuff here, and I really like it
I hope I helped you abit with the things that I wrote above.
Take care and be good my friend.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:27 pm

this may be a dumb question... But are you trying to achieve actual realism or are there more like sketches?
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Well I love your work Jonathan Ortiz. I don't care what you draw it always looks good :)
Also remember folks some people don't want to spend day and days on one drawing because after a while you grow tired of looking at the subject. Jonathan kicks out a few drawings a month and there good drawings.
Drawing with charcoal is different then drawing with graphite pencils. Charcoal to me is harder to draw with your limited on how many pencils you have to start with. Different paper.It blends differently. The two mediums don't mix well either and only used together to create dark tonal hues. per J. D. Hillberry book for ref.
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:02 am

<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:03 am

<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:07 am

<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:19 am

This is the image reference, I reverse the image to make my drawing.

<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:39 pm

I have just imported the reference to Photoshop and used
the color picker tool and found that the irises are the blackest
part of the picture. However his hair part is also relatively dark,
almost 100 percent black. Try it.
If you are training for tattooing/inking skills, in my honest opinion
you are doing the wrong exercises. Shading with graphite and valuing
out things will not increase your inking skills. That is like you want
want to train rope climbing but you are doing weighted squats.
Well, maybe I exaggerated it a bit, but if you want to get good
at inking then you should work with ink and with ballpoint pen.
That is the closest thing that you can get.
Just a thought anyway.

<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:38 pm

<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:56 pm

<<

Watcher

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Neanderthals had larger brains than our own species.

Why everybody be hatin' on the Neanderthal?
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Plisken, are you used to do that? Are you offensive when people don't accept your advices? Should everybody say "amen" to your words? Why? Who are you?Are you upset because you never imagine I'd disagree some day? Are you tattooist? Do you know something about the subject?

Mmm... :?

When someone has no arguments and and uses offensive words actually is
talking about himself. Last time Russ and I has some controversy but he was a gentleman, he was polite, he wasn't offensive.

The day you learn some respect you'll become a real artist.

Peace on you.

And thanks to all.
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:40 pm

i love tattoos and have a few on me, but personally fast tattoo artist bother me. Its not about being fast, its about it getting it done right and looking good. If your in for a tattoo you should not be caring about pain, so those who complain have no real reason to want one if you cant handle it. just my humble opinion.

oh and a note to Booters and to anyone "who cant stand looking at the same image they are drawing for too long", if you think like that, you seriously cant consider yourself a true artist. seriously.

ALSO, a REAL artist can take critique from anyone, even if they are not at their same skill level. talking art wise.
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:06 am

Feeling like a freak on a leash.
Next

Return to Drawings