[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Portrait of a friend, help! :)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Portrait of a friend, help! :)

Moderator: duey

<<

LARSMUR

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Portrait of a friend, help! :)

Hi guys and girls. I has been a while since I've posted my last drawing, but I have been checking the forum once a week or so. I haven't been drawing for a while because I have been starting on a new education.
Hmm, I have been trying to make a portrait of my friend whom I am meeting with soon and as a small christmas present I would like to give her the drawing, but I don't think it looks like her, and I don't want to give her something I am not satisfied with. I would like to hear some of your opinions and tips for improvement on the drawing:

I know the hair is not really detailed, but it wasn't ment to be. I don't know which paticular part on the drawing that has failed, because I think it is hard to recognize her. I think maybe it is the eyes, but what do you think?

- Lars.
Last edited by LARSMUR on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Brendan

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Portrait of a friend, help! :)

You need highlights in her eyes ... probably too late for that now.
The dark areas in her hair need to be darker, and blended in better.

Looks just like her though - she'll be happy !
<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:35 pm

HER left eye is off. There should be more white between the iris and her nose (the eye may need to be bigger or the iris is to big or just out of place). Look at some hair tutorials....yours looks kinda like straw. The left side of her mouth goes up to high. Her mouth is actually a little higher on her right side. Those are the big problems I see. The drawing does share some resemblance to the reference photo.
<<

LARSMUR

Amateur
Amateur

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:40 pm

<<

LARSMUR

Amateur
Amateur

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:43 pm

<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:04 am

You guys are so funny. Just add a small dot of acrylic paint for the eye highlights. If it ends up in the wrong spot it will scratch off when dry with out hurting the drawing. I use it on all my drawing for the eye highlights. So much easier then trying to keep a small dot on your paper white. My thought on your drawing make you lashes longer and darker give the iris a few small lines and spots for details so they look more real. You can always fix a drawing even if you spray it with fixative :) I myself don't use the stuff. I don't like the oily look it leaves. I spray mine with varnish so when I'm done I really am.
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

LARSMUR

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:55 am

Return to Drawings