FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Newbie, learning portraits

Moderator: duey

<<

craigmc

Brand New Member

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:31 am

Newbie, learning portraits

Hey everyone, I introduced myself one before a while back but I have been inactive so...

My names craig, have always been into art, mainly graffiti and street art. I have recently become more interested in pencil drawings, portraits in particular. Im going to be posting my drawings and hopefully I could get some feedback on how I can improve.

Thanks,

Craig
<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Newbie, learning portraits

Well, if you want to learn to draw realistic drawings get a reference photo and graph it. The proportions on this particular drawing are off a bit and you have way to many hard lines. If you want to draw without a reference photo then you need to learn the human body anatomy and study its form through continuous practice. The potential is there, just refine, refine, practice, practice and draw until your arm hurts. That's my advice, i'm sure others will chime in. :D
<<

craigmc

Brand New Member

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:48 am

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I want to learn from reference photos, I'll stick a grid on my next one to see how that goes
<<

Angelita

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:27 pm

I'm also new to drawing portraits and I got a lot of help from the tutorials you find on this forum about drawing portraits.. You get a lot of tips and techniques! You should have a look at it, it is very helpful :)
<<

craigmc

Brand New Member

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Will do! Cheers

Return to Drawings