[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Johnny Depp portrait
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Johnny Depp portrait

Moderator: duey

<<

xXconnorXx

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:57 pm

Johnny Depp portrait

I havnt posted here in a very long time but i though i would come and show my latest portrait.
Johnny Depp 11x14 Graphite on paper

here are some photos as i was working on it.

Here is is completely finished
let me know what you think:)
<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Johnny Depp portrait

Uhhhhh...uhhhhhhh....speechless! This is just amazing....beautiful drawing! :D
<<

paola

Pro
Pro

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:26 pm

<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Doing eyes with glasses ON are real tricky.
And of course you got caught into that trap.
Gridding the stuff will not save the day this time.
Look at his eyes one more time, without the glasses,
and you will realize that they are totally off and not right.
Other than that the rendering is great.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

xXconnorXx

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:03 pm

<<

Pompeytone

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:11 pm

'Crooked' eyes or not, this is a fantastic piece of artwork of which you should be proud =D>
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:13 pm

What this lesson teach you is
that you should learn the basics first,
and then you go for the blind copy stuff.
Been there.
Little things make huge difference.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Brendan

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:56 am

I compared the drawing to the ref, and I don't see any problem with the eyes.
Nice job .. I'm glad the pirate phase has finally passed !! 8)
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:59 am

This is a really great portrait! I like the texture of the hat and the shirt very much.
<<

xXconnorXx

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:57 am

thanks for the positive feedback everyone:D
<<

Aphos

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:28 am

hyper-nice render :D =D> ,consider plisken advice
<<

Alasdair

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:02 pm

excellent, was shocked when I saw it. Only noticed the eyes when they were mentioned but it is true it is really hard to do them with glasses!
My Cross Hatching Tutorial and Website: http://darkdesigngraphics.co.uk/cross-hatching-tutorial
See how I work on Youtube: http://youtube.com/user/DarkDesignGraphics
Like my page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/DarkDesignGraphics

I love Art! :D
<<

xXconnorXx

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:20 pm

<<

FlawlessEnvy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Looks great man! imperfection is perfection, i think it looks fine. great job on the shirt. only thing im not a huge fan of is the background, i would have left it white but thats just me. I think it gives it too much of a vintage/old look. But great stuff man
<<

Astro Zombie

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:53 am

Thats amazing! :shock:
Next

Return to Drawings