[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Horse head
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Horse head

Moderator: duey

<<

jimmy2425

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Horse head

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the site and new to drawing so thought I'd upload a couple of photos of a drawing I have recently completed and the story!

I have had a go at the odd sketch in the past, usually with 1 or 2 hard pencils, whatever paper I had lying around and normally very rough and rushed, with unsurprisingly rough and rushed looking results. A month or so ago I decided I wanted to get a portrait done of my girlfriends horse that she adores!. I asked an artist friend of mine if she could squeeze it in for Christmas, but, before I had heard back I for some reason decided to have a go at drawing it myself. I took a secret low quality photo on my phone of a photograph she has in her flat. I looked at the tutorials on this site, invested in a better range of pencils, some good quality paper and most importantly took my time as I set to work. The techniques I learnt from this site were extremely helpful.
I know the finished piece is no where near perfect and I hope my technique will improve as I practice more but I have been reassured that it is good enough and so I got it mounted and framed ready to give her at Christmas... I am sure she will be surprised as she has no idea I have ever attempted any drawing!

A big thanks to Duey's drawings for inspiration and some excellent tutorials.

Apologies for the rubbish photo uploads... glass caused me some reflection problems!

Thanks
James from UK

Last edited by jimmy2425 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: New Starter

Considering your experience, I must say this is an outstanding effort.
Really well done Jimmy, a great way to kick off your new hobby.
Hope to see more from you soon. :)

<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:57 pm

I also used to take photos of horses secretly.
When I was younger.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

jimmy2425

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:01 pm

Thank you for your replies!

As for the secret photo taking... Ha, it could be the start of a much bigger problem.
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Congrats! =D>

Some day horses will take pictures of you! :D
<<

paola

Pro
Pro

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: Horse head

I think it´s awesome, you definitely should go on with drawing 8)
<<

Helen

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Can I be your girlfriend?? That's a gift I wouldn't mind receiving.

You did a really nice job with it and I am sure she will be thrilled =D> =D> =D>
<<

Alasdair

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Really good! The drawing has a lot of atmosphere to it. (If that is the right word)
My Cross Hatching Tutorial and Website: http://darkdesigngraphics.co.uk/cross-hatching-tutorial
See how I work on Youtube: http://youtube.com/user/DarkDesignGraphics
Like my page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/DarkDesignGraphics

I love Art! :D
<<

jimmy2425

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments. Not long to go now before the true critic gets to see it!
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:43 am

Your girl will love it:) good job!
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

jimmy2425

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:32 pm